• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help vibrant using up data when locked

anddroid9

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
hi yall, i recently bought 2 android phones one of witch is a samsung vibrant. i bought the phones on tmobles 15$ a month for 200mb data plan, and checking my data usage its showing the phones are using up data when they are locked and on wifi when im not using the phone, its using between 9kb up to 28mb very frequently. any ideas? Help much apreciated

You have apps using the bkgd data option. Your wifi sleep policy doesn't know about this and will turnoff wifi to save batt life when the screen is off.

See Settings > Wireless & Networking > Wifi Settings > Menu/Advanced Settings > Wifi Sleep Policy > Select Never.

You may see a decrease in batt life though

Let me know if that works. i'm struggling with phantom usage now, my battery gets like 8hrs with no calls, a few emails in short - terrible

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones