• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vibrate problems with 2.1!

I only had problems once I installed the 2.1 leak so yeah, I would wait and see if they address it or if you can find a workaround. Other than that it does a great job for what I need it for, sorry to hear this one would be a dealbreaker for you!

well i mean i love the phone and everything it does but i do want this resolved, i was leary on the device but i already put too much money into it with the otterbox case and just ordered the extended battery.

Upvote 0
Were all of you using Hancent SMS?

Yes I was and in fact I'm quite sure that Handcent was one of the first apps I installed after going 2.1 and was definitley using it before I noticed no vibrate.

I haven't factory reseted yet either. Can anyone who has tell us if the problem was fixed while still using handcent or did you revert back to stock mess app after reset?

I also wonder if it had to do with the earlier version of handcent having problems. Maybe the problem was created using older version of handcent, not fixed by updating until reset?

Upvote 0
Yes I was and in fact I'm quite sure that Handcent was one of the first apps I installed after going 2.1 and was definitley using it before I noticed no vibrate.

I haven't factory reseted yet either. Can anyone who has tell us if the problem was fixed while still using handcent or did you revert back to stock mess app after reset?

I also wonder if it had to do with the earlier version of handcent having problems. Maybe the problem was created using older version of handcent, not fixed by updating until reset?

i did a factory reset last night and just went back to using the stock messaging app. I havent tried and see if it work on Handscent yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones