• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VIDEO] Galaxy Note Smart Dock Review

I hope I can purchase before you do cause you'll try to buy them all and place one everywhere you can think. Do you have one planned for the car too? :D

Hahaha...funny you mention that because I was actually considering just creating a whole custom car dock using this mount. If it takes iBolt too long to come out with the Note 2 specific car dock (or it's not what I was expecting when it is released), I just might try creating a whole car CPU setup, which can all be done using this dock.

Upvote 0
Ok DrGadget. You know if you decide to do your own mod you must post pics "or it didn't happen." LOL ! ! !

I'm more likely to get the Note 1 dock and see if I can modify it to make it work for the car.

If I do decide to attempt a custom PC Vehicle dock using the smart dock, you know I'll have pics. Had that crazy deal on the ATIV tablet dock been legit, I just might have been out of my mind enough to do it. Hardest part is my car's system is such PITA to get around (Benz likes to use fiber optics with their systems, which makes steering wheel integration and overall system integration more complicated than needed).

Upvote 0
I'm more likely to get the Note 1 dock and see if I can modify it to make it work for the car.

If I do decide to attempt a custom PC Vehicle dock using the smart dock, you know I'll have pics. Had that crazy deal on the ATIV tablet dock been legit, I just might have been out of my mind enough to do it. Hardest part is my car's system is such PITA to get around (Benz likes to use fiber optics with their systems, which makes steering wheel integration and overall system integration more complicated than needed).

With the car complications maybe it's not worth the time and effort to DIY. Might as well get the universal or iBolt.
Has anyone other than iBolt mentioned anything about a vehicle dock for the Note 2?

Upvote 0
With the car complications maybe it's not worth the time and effort to DIY. Might as well get the universal or iBolt.
Has anyone other than iBolt mentioned anything about a vehicle dock for the Note 2?

Not that I know of. I'm really intrigued by the Note 1 dock. Does anybody know if ATT has those on display that I could see where the problem points would be on the dock?

Upvote 0
great review...

but last week.. i remember seeing another review of this device.. and i remember the back part housed an area to charge a 2nd battery. i even saw a pic of a battery in that area.

could there be another different version of this device.. over seas?

i cant find that review now.

Upvote 0
great review...

but last week.. i remember seeing another review of this device.. and i remember the back part housed an area to charge a 2nd battery. i even saw a pic of a battery in that area.

I think that must have been for another dock?

Upvote 0
great review...

Dan, that was just the backup battery kit, which I must say is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Upvote 0
This RND Dock belongs in the Accessories thread and has no relation to this thread.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/615546-galaxy-note-2-master-accessories-list.html

Just saw this Note II dock with backup battery charger on Amazon.

Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe Cradle / Desktop Docking Station and 2nd Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note II (2) (compatible with or without a case) (black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Got at least one great review thus far.

The "Smart Dock is in a class all its own and has no "third party" alternative

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EDD-S20JWEGSTA
Review the Smart Dock Specs:
====================
* THREE USB HOST PORTS
* HDMI OUT WITH SURROUND SOUND
* 3.5mm Analog Stereo Out
and Dock Charging of the Note2 with included AC Power adapter

Upvote 0
Thanks to the above post I found the order page for this dock.

Galaxy Note

Does the 50% discount coupon code still work for it? I could not find the box to put in the discount code (rE155266e)

It should, but when it's sold out (which it currently is), the order won't be fulfilled and you can't apply the discount. When it gets back in stock, they send you an email notifying you that it's back in stock (only thing is, I've found that I actually find out sooner than Samsung's emails, that the parts are back in stock).

This is the only item left from Samsung's website that I'm wanting to use the coupon on. I've purchased all the accessories I need directly from Samsung and it's been great! Came in handy to have 2 kits for my phone because I didn't have to wait to use the phone not on a 100% charger.

Upvote 0
It should, but when it's sold out (which it currently is), the order won't be fulfilled and you can't apply the discount. When it gets back in stock, they send you an email notifying you that it's back in stock (only thing is, I've found that I actually find out sooner than Samsung's emails, that the parts are back in stock).

This is the only item left from Samsung's website that I'm wanting to use the coupon on. I've purchased all the accessories I need directly from Samsung and it's been great! Came in handy to have 2 kits for my phone because I didn't have to wait to use the phone not on a 100% charger.
I'm in a similar situation.

I was able to place a real order for the Smart Dock on Oct 25, 2012

Although the USA Samsung site states the Smart Dock is "Back Ordered" - I actually check three times a day - every day, and Its my opinion this product is an accessory which should be classified as "coming soon".

But they are taking orders.
https://mobile.samsung.com/accessor...amsung.com//us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories

The item you have chosen is currently out of stock and will be placed on back order. You will not be charged for the back order. If you wish to proceed, you will receive notification via email regarding the status of availability. Please allow us 2 weeks to receive the item you have chosen.
I called Samsung Mobile Sales just last week, and they told me these are due before December 2012, that I will get an email once the Smart Dock does arrive in the USA, and that if I call them they could apply the 50% off discount code prior to billing me.

Upvote 0
I'm in a similar situation.

I was able to place a real order for the Smart Dock on Oct 25, 2012

Although the USA Samsung site states the Smart Dock is "Back Ordered" - I actually check three times a day - every day, and Its my opinion this product is an accessory which should be classified as "coming soon".

But they are taking orders.
https://mobile.samsung.com/accessor...amsung.com//us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories

I called Samsung Mobile Sales just last week, and they told me these are due before December 2012, that I will get an email once the Smart Dock does arrive in the USA, and that if I call them they could apply the 50% off discount code prior to billing me.

You won't get billed for orders that were placed, but backordered. I clarified with Samsung at the end of last month when I placed my first accessories order.

They told me that when an order is placed for a backorder accessory, the item doesn't automatically ship and get charged. When you get an email saying it's back in stock, you actually have to go to the Samsung website (or call) and re-order and can re-apply the code, so it's reflected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones