[​IMG]

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pga1cQQVXiQ

Video Description:

The Kernel that you will install in this video is "Super Optimized Kernel"

Files you will need:

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: SO_zImage_opt_ext_root_V4_4+Odin.rar

Mirror:

Free File Hosting & Video Downloads, Free File Sharing, Online Friends Network - Ziddu

Voltage Control:

VoltageControl_2.0-rc2.apk

Don't Forget to Subscribe:

www.youtube.com/Nokia7Vista

Advertisement
  2. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member

is there any downside to it? I don't wanna damage my hardware ...

3. d_train2k

d_train2k Member

Thanks for the guide and the Kernel link! I was able to OC to 1200 mhz and am now running most games at 60fps on psx4droid. I can't seem to break the 1200mhz mark though. Any suggestions?

4. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Your battery would last shorter. Actually, its life time would be shorter.
    Phone's processor could be over heated. And since there is no fans in the phone, nothing to cool the processor down, that would cause some damage.
    High temperature is bad for the processor. Actually, it is bad for any electronic component. For your PC's GPU, CPU and RAM too!
    But I don't know if it would kill it fast or slow.

Risky.

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

That's a lot to OC. Do it at your own risk.

6. HKM

HKM Banned

As that being said to add to it that you can burn the SoC itself and you won't be able to replace it. Keep in mind all chips are not created equal its hard to believe but its true as 2 different device same exact silicon can have different results. As you supply more voltage to overclock it at higher frequency for faster performance the downside is battery runtime and heat which is the biggest hardware killer and as time goes on you will decease the life of the SoC itself. So if you are OCing I advice you to set up advance mCPU profile to scale the frequency based on the max/avg/min loads. If you don't need the power no need to OC it to 1.6ghz as I have advance mCPU profile set for scaling.

mCPU scale: Max:1612mhz/Min:368mhz (ondemand)
    Screen Off: Max:245mhz/Min:245mhz (powersaver)
    Battery < 5%: Max:368mhz/Min:245mhz (conservative)
    Battery < 30%: Max:768mhz/Min:368mhz (ondemand)

7. d_train2k

d_train2k Member

While we're on the topic on the dangers of overclocking, i9000m (those with Bell Canada Galaxy Ses) should probably be more careful as this particular model is a lot more temperamental than other models. I've gone through 6 handsets i think, since September, and the first 5 were never rooted, flashed, OCed etc. I did try to OC my 6th one using this method and 1.3ghz destroyed it beyond repair. That being said 1200 seemed quite stable and seemed to be a reasonable and stable OC for this model (this is only based on 3 days of use, however).

8. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Besides, Galaxy S is strong enough for most of apps and games, and maybe it would still fine if we DOWNclock it.
    I heard some people downclocked their phones in order to have a better battery life. I doubt it helps, though.

9. nemivsek

nemivsek New Member

Guys help me i install that program with odin but when i start up a phone it freeze whan now??? pls help

Thanks

10. mynadshurt

mynadshurt New Member

Same with me! just used odin to add the new "Super Optimized Kernel" and it all want fine but on restart the phone freezes on Samsung galaxy S logo and stays there....!

waited 20 mins for it to boot before giving up and restoring to my old kernel, followed the guide to the letter :(

11. carlos1984

carlos1984 New Member

i have milkys rom with lagfix. Can i install this and keep the lagfix, because I tried to install it but when i turned it on it told me i had the wrong file type