• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vine app for HTC Desire HD

oprah_

Lurker
Nov 24, 2013
Whenever I try to download the Vine app to my phone [https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.vine.android&hl=en_GB] it tells me that my device is not compatible.

I've read somewhere that it only works on the newer versions of Jelly Bean; 4 & up, although I could be mistaken.

So would updating my phone's OS enable this application to be installed and run correctly or is it as simple as it not being compatible with my device so I can never use it?

I was just wondering whether anyone has Vine working on their HTC Desire HD before I go through this process and possibly mess my phone up.

Safest thing might be to contact the Vine developer and ask them. It's possible that there's another reason the Desire HD isn't supported (maybe screen definition, inadequate processor etc).

BTW - it looks like you posted this in the Desire section - you may want to ask a mod to move this the the Desire HD section

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones