• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile Now Charging Extra for Hotspot Setup?

granby01

Lurker
May 3, 2013
Does anybody know when Virgin Mobile started charging $15/mo to use my Android smartphone (HTC Evo V 4G) as a hotspot?

I'm having a problem maintaining a wireless data connection anytime I try to set up/turn on the hotspot app--3G data connectivity drops immediately. Has anybody else seen this? Any ideas for fixes?

Does anybody know when Virgin Mobile started charging $15/mo to use my Android smartphone (HTC Evo V 4G) as a hotspot?

I'm having a problem maintaining a wireless data connection anytime I try to set up/turn on the hotspot app--3G data connectivity drops immediately. Has anybody else seen this? Any ideas for fixes?

Welcome to Android Forums!! :D

I believe they have been charging an addition fee of $15/month for the hotspot for quite some time now. At least a a year or two? Not sure exactly.

I moved your post to the Evo V 4G forums since this is a support question. I think you'll get a lot of help over here. This a very popular device so I'm sure you will get the support you need. I certainly hope this helps you!

Once again, welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones