• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root virtuous 3.2?

you need hboot .92

HBOOT .92 Just another blog

1. Make sure that your SD card is formatted as FAT32. Download the radio to the root of your SD card. Leave the file named as PB31IMG.zip.
2. Boot into HBOOT, by powering the phone down, then booting back up holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
3. Once it boots into HBOOT, if you did not rename the file to something other than PB31IMG.zip, it will automatically scan it and ask you if you want to apply the update. Hit yes.
4. When prompted, say yes to reboot.
5. You will need to boot to recovery after this and load a kernel or just load the rom

Upvote 0
Is anyone else's weather not working? Also, my push notifications for gmail and the HTC app don't seem to be working, even though I have the same settings as when I was not rooted.
I wish, however, that 3.2 was updated with those little numbers when you get email and texts in the notification bar...I liked that when I wasn't rooted and had the latest sense. Also the new sense would be cool!

Upvote 0
Could someone help me get 3.2 installed?

I rooted with unrevoked 3 yesterday and installed cyanogen rom and it was nice but my battery was dead in like an hour.

So I been seeing people talk about virtuous so I restored my phone back to original rooted 2.2 and downloaded hboot 92, installed it then downloaded virtuous 3.2 via rom manager and when I tried to install it, it seemed to install fine, but when my phone rebooted it showed me the unrevoked screen I downloaded, then it started up the normal htc splash screen.

But when it got to the droid eye with the 2 red balls it froze there.

I installed cyanogen with no problem.

Just trying to find a decent rom to install.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones