Visual VoicemailGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Droidconvert

Droidconvert Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone been able to activate Visual Voicemail on the DI? I installed the app, but then it told me to remove and that it was already on the HTC unit. I removed and still cannot find out where this is.

Advertisement
  2. simong79

simong79 Active Member

If you go to the voicemail app, there is a Visual Voice Mail button on there. It says "Tap to set up visual voice mail"

I haven't tried it yet.

3. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

do you actually have to pay for the service to get it to run? ($3 a month)

4. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

if by Visual Voice Mail you mean voice mail to text transcription, google voice already does it, free - it took over my Tmo voice mail acct when i set Google Voice up (i wasn't aware it would) and the first voice mail i got, as soon as the caller had left it, google emailed me a text email transcription copy of the voice mail msg - couldn't believe how accurate it was

5. Droidconvert

i looked and did not find it. . Must be blind. can someone show me a screen shot? I went into all programs, then Voicemail, Settings. Cannot see where it says to activate VVM.

6. zaCh™

zaCh™ Member

Hit messages, then pull the slider on the bottom all the way to the right. The setup button should be at the top of the screen.

7. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

I have been trying to log into Visual Voicemail all night. Just go to the list of App's and select it. It will ask you if you want to log-in and to enter your password. I did but it just keeps saying "logging in".

Can't get it to work. Maybe it is a pay service?

8. j0se

j0se Member

Visual voicemail has to be activated by Verizon. I just had mine activated in the store and it sent me a text message.

9. boxermansr

boxermansr Well-Known Member

You have to add it, and its like 2.99 a month. I had it for one day when I had my Moto Droid, then I got rid of it, and used Google Voice as my voicemail.

10. Droidconvert

OK, I am officially a "Moron". It was apparently working all along....

I thought that Visual Voicemail would convert Voice to Text (like Google does). It turns out that all it does(For$2.99) is give me a list of the people that have left VM and their Phone numbers. You can TXT or call them back, or elect to listen to the message. Nice to have, but for $2.99 they should be converting to text.

11. WVULing

WVULing Well-Known Member

YouMail is a free app that is similar to Google Voice. It is free and on the Android Market. Haven't tried google voice so don't know if you need a google number or what. My goal today was to investigate that a little but I love the YouMail app. Just my $.02

Besides, VZW doesn't need anymore of my money.

12. veccster

Yeah, I'm annoyed as shit that I still have to pay $10/month for a text package when I pay $30/month for unlimited DATA usage. Why are texts not considered data?

That is complete bullshit.

13. veccster

I called and confirmed...it's $3/month for Visual Voicemail. I may end up downloading the YouMail app but I prefer to have Verizon handle my calls and voicemails. I just don't trust forwarding them to a 3rd party.