• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vitamin from 60's/70's

I remember taking a chewable vitamin as a kid but can't find what it was (my younger sister thinks I'm crazy).
It was pinky-orange and round with a band on it. The band was just a wider bit, same color just a little band. Like Saturn but the rings match and are attached lol.
Anyone remember such a thing? Not Chocks or Flintstones...

Reactions: ocnbrze
I remember taking a chewable vitamin as a kid but can't find what it was (my younger sister thinks I'm crazy).
It was pinky-orange and round with a band on it. The band was just a wider bit, same color just a little band. Like Saturn but the rings match and are attached lol.
Anyone remember such a thing? Not Chocks or Flintstones...
Do you recall its flavor(s)? Anything about its packaging or advertising or anything you remember may help. Also, which country were you in during that time period? (Our AF family is spread out all over the place! So it helps to clarify.)

Upvote 0
This is the only one I could find that looked to have a ring around it.
images

Upvote 0
Upstate NY born and raised :)

I don't recall the packaging at all and they tasted like a combination of baby aspirin and Flintstones sort of. My sister popped a seltzer and it smelled just I remember that taste, it was a raspberry pink lemonade seltzer - it tasted nothing like it smelled. They were hard/crunchy, gummies hadn't been invented yet.

edit - picture a ball with a sweatband around it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upstate NY born and raised :)

I don't recall the packaging at all and they tasted like a combination of baby aspirin and Flintstones sort of. My sister popped a seltzer and it smelled just I remember that taste, it was a raspberry pink lemonade seltzer - it tasted nothing like it smelled. They were hard/crunchy, gummies hadn't been invented yet.

edit - picture a ball with a sweatband around it...
Does the name Deca-Vi-Sol do anything for you?

DecaViSol_chewables.png

I found a 1965 drug store ad for it in a newspaper, but haven't yet found any info on its flavor(s) nor have I found any pics of the actual product.

FWIW, while searching I found this interesting tidbit:

"Flintstones Chewables were originally made by Miles Laboratories. Miles was big in the vitamin business, having created the One-A-Day brand. They innovated the kids’ chewable market with Chocks, a kids’ multivitamin that they took to market in 1960."

So it looks like prior to 1960, chewable vitamins didn't exist!

BTW, Deca-Vi-Sol was related to Poly-Vi-Sol which I recall from my childhood AND my daughter's. I remember its very distinct smell--when we started giving it to her, it was like deja vu!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Poly-Vi-Sol
!!! Wow, I remember that - deja vu for sure, remembered that taste immediately. I don't recognize the Deca-Vi-Sol box or name. I saw the pill dimensions listed, they were elongated and the ones I remember are definitely round. Excellent find though!

I did have my PF Flyers that made me run faster and jump higher
Duh. Of course you ran faster and jumped higher, so not a news flash :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones