• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VM is working on my voicemail right now...

blh2012

Jun 24, 2012
Virgin is attempting to fix my "1 new voicemail" notification bug by quickly swapping my service back to my previous phone, clearing the voicemail, and then swapping me back to my evo. I'll let you know if this works and if it does and you're having the very common voicemail problem, I suggest getting right to the point with VM and telling them to do this same thing so you don't have to wait 2 or 3 days like many people are.

UPDATE - Finally, I am without the erroneous voicemail notification. This did work, so if you have this problem I highly suggest straight up telling VM to do this, otherwise they'll just run you through unnecessary and annoying troubleshooting steps.

My voicemail hasn't been working for 3 weeks already. I didn't do nothing about it because I kept on forgetting about it. So I called them on sat and they said they were going to reset it and call me back...they didn't :p. My issue is when people call me and if i don't answer the phone it just hangs up. I guess I have no voice mail :( because every time I dial my number it just says this call can't be placed.

Upvote 0
My voicemail hasn't been working for 3 weeks already. I didn't do nothing about it because I kept on forgetting about it. So I called them on sat and they said they were going to reset it and call me back...they didn't :p. My issue is when people call me and if i don't answer the phone it just hangs up. I guess I have no voice mail :( because every time I dial my number it just says this call can't be placed.

This happened to me. I was elevated to the US tech support and she had me take out my battery, probably resetted it and had me put my battery back in. Been working fine ever since.

Upvote 0

I have the same problem as the OP but had a tech tell me something similar to what you are experiencing. They did reset my voicemail but didn't notify me that they had done it. What I did, a couple of days after their telling me they would reset it, is to turn the phone off and take the battery out for a minute. In my case, it didn't solve my problem (again, I likely need to have the same thing done as the OP did to solve it). It sounds, though, like the reset probably will fix your problem.

So, I'd turn your phone off and pull the battery for a minute, then turn it back on. At worst your phone will be off a couple of minutes but, hopefully, they reset your voicemail and forgot to call you back and it will fix your problem. But until you turn off your phone, your phone won't recognize that the voicemail has been reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones