Vodafone 500Mb data capSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jacobsladder

Jacobsladder New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm considering of buying the HTC Magic on Vodafone, but I'm concerned about the 500Mb a month Vodafone data cap. Can someone tell me if 500 Mb is enough?

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

I'm a tmo us magic user, and I can blow through that in a week. Im a little more data intensive than your standard user, but I would use a data monitor to make sure you stay under your cap.

3. olivierm

olivierm Well-Known Member

200mb used to be plenty on my e71 but browsing is so much better on the magic than I expect to be much closer to the limit now.
    I use loads of mobile web sites since they have lot less advertising and load in a flash so that should help but I don't get near internet radios.

4. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

It really depends on how often you have access to WiFi. I have a 500mb plan and that is way more than I need because I have WiFi at home and at work. I didn't come anywhere close to 500mb of 3g last month but I used around a gig on WiFi.

5. wilbur

wilbur Member

in my experience it all depends on if you want to watch video or not - my usage has always been below around 200MB through normal browsing / email /maps usage with abit of video now and then....

although themonth i first downloaded the Beebplayer app i got a bit higher!

6. Jacobsladder

Jacobsladder New Member This Topic's Starter

I think that I'm going to forget the magic and go with the G1. Tmobile uk give a much larger data plan. It is a shame that vodafone offer a phone that is built for the net, yet can't provide the bandwidth to make it worth while.

7. dustoff

dustoff Member

The Magic is far superior to the G1. As someone who has owned both the G1 on T-Mobile and now the Magic on Vodafone, I think you'd be a little disappointed if you opt for the G1.

The Vodafone data limit isn't set in stone. If you stray over the 500Mb mark they won't do anything at all. If you use say 1Gb in a month they will contact you and ask you to throttle your usage.

If you genuinely think you're going to be using ~1Gb month, then maybe the Vodafone contract isn't for you. Obviously it's up to you, but imho, the Magic is a way better handset.

8. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Or..if you wait a little longer....

T-Mobile should be getting the T-Mobile G1 Touch (HTC Hero to the common folk) pretty soon, if I'm not mistaken...

9. grimmy

grimmy Active Member

I was worried about the 500MB limit for my first month, but I installed NetCounter from the Market and discovered most days of the month I rarely go over 6MB, and 500MB works out on average about 16MB a day, so I could actually use it a fair bit more than I do.

(I use Latitude/maps, Twitdroid, the Market, Gtalk, MSN (Meebo), some Facebook (Bloo) and a little bit of web browsing most days).