Voice command dialingSupport

Last Updated:

1. kzoo

kzoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried using the voice command to dial my moment about 30 time and so far.....no success. It just does not get the command or the contact correct. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Advertisement
  2. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

You have to try 31 times for it to work, so you're almost there :D

Actually I have problems with it too. If you open Nuance Voice Control and press Menu, you should have an option for settings. Go into Adaptation and click Adapt. This will walk you through adapting the phone to your voice. Also, I don't know why, but some people like it better when setting Audio Mode to Expert under settings, so you might want to try that. I leave mine on prompt. Nuance takes so long on my phone to open (it actually always asks me if I want to force close or wait since it takes so long), so I end up not using it. I hope it gets better when 2.1 comes out.

3. edp

edp Well-Known Member

i know this might be a dumb thing to suggest, but it was my problem when first trying to use nuance. i would respond too quickly after it asked me for a command and it wasn't picking up what i was saying. so after it asks you for a command, just make sure to wait a second before saying ur command. i do that every time and now nuance works great for me.

4. meangene

meangene Well-Known Member

It seems to work off and on for me; after calibration I had better success. I don't think the voice recognition software is as good as it needs to be yet--at least not on small scale devices.

5. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

The problem is that Nuance software sucks bigtime. If any of you ever had the Instinct you would recall how quickly and accurately VC worked. With 2.1 we will get the Google speech libraries...

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Nuance FTL.
    [​IMG]

7. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

^^^^ What he said.

8. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

i use voice dialing all the time in my car with my Motorola Motorokr T505. Works great once in awhile i have to try a second time but not often.

9. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

I dont have many issues using it but my GF does. Call _____ mobile 1 (home 1) etc