• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice Control for the Galaxy Tab 7+...? Jeannie?

visualoddity

May 11, 2009
So... What to you guys use for Voice Control? The stock VC app will not do thinks like text people, open apps, send emails, etc. Is the a reason why Jeannie is not in the market for this tablet, maybe compatibility? Is there a way to get it to work on here?

What's the best solution until ICS is released?

Thanks... :D

So... What to you guys use for Voice Control? The stock VC app will not do thinks like text people, open apps, send emails, etc. Is the a reason why Jeannie is not in the market for this tablet, maybe compatibility? Is there a way to get it to work on here?

What's the best solution until ICS is released?

Thanks... :D

Jeannie is indeed compatible with the 7.0 plus. I had no problems installing it, but I find limited usefulness for a voice control app that requires a constant internet connection on a WiFi-only device.

I use Vlingo on my HTC EVO 4G phone, but I have the same frustration with Vlingo that I have with Jeannie on my Tab 7.0: If I ask her to "open" a favorite app that she's not familiar with, I can't make her "learn" that word for future use. Thus, my most frequently used commands will never be accomplished with Jeannie or Vlingo. It's a great concept, though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones