• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice dialer app

Randy G

Lurker
Oct 2, 2012
First time on this forum,
Samsung Aviatior, US Cellular,

Voice Dialer bloatware app works fine from phone launch but is ALWAYS wrong from bluetooth launch.
Any way to kill this app without rooting so I can use a different one?
I need to be able to launch a dialer app from bluetooth since I drive for a living.
The bluetooth unit is not the issue...using a Blue Parrot.
Force stop does nothing.

Thanks,
Randy

Did you try getting another Voice Dialer app to see if it overrides that one?

Also i don't know which Voice Dialer app you have but try doing this:

Go back an start 'Voice Talk' and you should see a simple panel with a button "Driving Mode" which is turned on (green bar) turn it off. Or the same thing is in Android Settings, Voice Input and Output, Text-to-Speech, then unselect driving mode. Then it should be back to normal with this 'feature' turned off!!

Reactions: Randy G
Upvote 0
Hey there Randy check this out:

Only the first half is really important

I got voice to text working over bluetooth. First make sure your headset is off. You need to download Vlingo. Do not open. Go to your keyboard settings and select it. Then go to a text entry box and hold till popup. Choose input method and select vlingo. Turn on your headset and click a text box and click the funny looking mic botton on the new keyboard and talk away. I'm not sure how good it is because I have a cheap headset so it doesn't seem to work when I'm driving but it does when I'm stopped. I drive a kenworth but there isn't much road noise. Can someone with a high dollar headset try this and let me know how it works so I know if I want to upgrade. Like I said mine is a $45 one and I'm not even sure what brand. I think I am going to buy one from the truckstop that has the mic that comes way out and the whole thing goes over your head. They are supose to work in the truck better.

Reactions: Randy G
Upvote 0
I will guide you to your device forum for the proper help and support, I am sure they will have a resolution to your issues. Welcome to the site.

Samsung Galaxy S Aviator
Sub-Forums:
subforum_new.gif
Aviator - All Things Root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones