• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voicemail Notification -

Phoenixdroid

Nov 10, 2009
Visual Voice Mail works fine. The standard voice mail (*86) one does not.

Standard Voice Mail indicates that there is one voice mail, however there is none. Indicator will not reset to zero. Visual Voice Mail indicates that there is no new voice mails. I have also manually dialed into voice mail and it does not indicate there is a new one. I even left a message but the indicator still says one and not two. I cleared that out and it stills says one. Contacted Verizon, and stumped them too, told me that they will need to contact Motorola.

Anyone have the same problem and fixed it? Can't find any additional setting for voice mail on the phone, and like I said I have been through the voice mail box, no saved unheard voice mails.

I used a land line to leave a message on my cell. Verizon also called me and left a message to see if that worked and then a friend also called from his cell to see if that could work. It has not worked for any of those occasions to clear this supposedly one message. As of tonight it is still stuck on one.

I asked Verizon about visual message running. To me, if you have visual message then you don't need standard messaging, so I asked them about it. They told me no that you get both.

However, I think Visual message had something to do it with it. The message that is stuck happened at 5:00pm the night before. That is about the time that I installed visual messaging, and then I updated it from the market place. While I was doing that a message came in and then I picked it up, cleared it and that was about the time it started. I also transfered two saved messages over from the old phone when I activated the new one.

I'm thinking of uninstalling the update through market place to see if that works.

Verizon should be calling me in the morning if they talked to motorola.

Upvote 0
this is the one that comes with the phone from verizon that you pay the 2.99 per month for, so one would "think" that it should work flawlessly with the phone. This is the first time using VVM and I like it way better than standard VM. I think mine error is do to a series of falts that happened at the same time that screwed it up. I was kind of hoping that it was something that Verizon could take care of from their side of the network by wiping it off. I would rather do some sort of hard start or factory reboot now that the phone is new and not much in it verses later when I load it all up, (however using contacts on google should save those on a re sync)

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue when I first started using GotVoice - IIRC it just went away after some time.

Have you tried power cycling it? Also, try not using VVM for your next VM,and see if that helps clear it....

Sorry to say, been there tried that too.

Also pulled battery, and listened to the two transfered messages and resaved incase that was the problem. Give me a few minutes and I'll trie to uninstall the VVM update and see if that helps and go through the whole routine again.

Upvote 0
ok, uninstalled vvm, went back through regular vm and still no go. re-installed vvm and did update, still no go. Notification for regular VM reports one new vm message......but there are no more :(

Any other suggestions???

My next move may be to actually go into a verizon store if I don't hear back from them before lunch tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I'm almost thinking that this happened to me before on an older phone as well, maybe my Palm Treo. It either went away by itself, or Verizon reset something on their end and it went away. I almost think that they disabled VM on their side and then re-installed, which ended up wiping out all voice mails and having to set the greetings again. In my last attempt for the night, I re-yanked the battery again, left another message, erased it and still nothing. I also took the two e-mails that I transfered over on setting this phone up and archieved them to the sd card and wiped them out of the VM mail box. Now I have no VM's at all, nothing saved, nothing new, nothing on the system, nothing anywhere. So far I have this problem for over 24 hours. I have had before on other phones a lag, where it would indicate a voice mail but I already picked it up. Usually that would only last like 15 minutes at best. I have had the home phone indicate (land line) messages that I already deleted, usually to go away within and hour. Besides this error, the phone works great, responds to touch well and all functions work. So this isn't a real issue effecting reliability or use, I just want it work correctly because it bugs me.

Upvote 0
Ok still up with this......I found the forums on the motorola site. Obviously there has been something going on some where.......

Originally the stuck message I had was saying it was at 5:00pm From Monday of this week, 11-9-09. Then it changed to 5:01pm then back to 5:00 then 5:01, and I'm not sure but I think it was at one time 5:04 pm.

So around 2:13 in Arizona on 11-11-09 it changed to 2:04am as being a stuck message complete with a flashing green light and and then the wifi going, however the wifi is off.

Then other crazy things started to happen, you can go to the motorola forums to see, but the auto rotate is now not working like it did before, and about 50 other poeple are now reporting that too about the auto rotate. It is like Motorola is sending signals OTA to the droids to fix things broke but not being public about it?????

Upvote 0
I called Verizon. It was definately on their end in the software. She listened to what I did, tried a few more things. I then told her that I didn't mind having her take the voice mail off the account and I'll reset it.

She took voice mail off my account.
reinstalled voice mail to the account.
I called into voice mail and set up a new account.
After I did that she reset up the VVM.
All of a sudden the VM indicator went away and I was able to set up VVM.
She left me a message and ONLY the VVM indicator came up. I picked it up, trashed it and the indicator went off just like it should.

All Works.

I also asked her about the faulting auto rotate and she confirmed that it was done with a motorola push.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones