• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VoIP+Googlevoice that works for me

boatwake

Jul 16, 2012
Well this forum has been good to me. I don't want to be a leech so I thought I would post my findings on Voip + google voice to maybe help someone else. I tried a ton of apps.

This worked for me on a Galaxy S2 skyrocket. May not work for you?? I'm just passing along my setup that works super. Unlike many apps this allows unlimited incoming and outgoing calls and has voicemail. Also free sms. The calls have been clear. I have only tested it at home with a very good wifi connection.

Anyway, I set up a google voice account and then installed talkatone free app for android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talkatone.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50YWxrYXRvbmUuYW5kcm9pZCJd

Hope this helps someone. I've seen a few people that were unhappy with it, but it mostly has very good reviews. Works flawless for me so far. Good luck.

I tried Groove Ip and couldn't get it configured correctly. It worked, however the clarity stunk on my phone. It must be on my part because I have heard sooo many people that it works flawlessly for. It must be a good app though because during my research I heard many good reviews about it. Thanks for the reply and adding another good app to the list.

Update: I've been using talkatone heavily for four days and every call has been clear with no dropped calls. I know, only four days but thats all I can report on. After some of the aggravating apps I tried it was a relief to find a simple setup that works for me.

Peace.

Reactions: pcorlatan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones