• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZW Note UNL Data Nix June 28

dlcpa

Nov 28, 2009
VZW's new policy on grandfathering your $30 Unlimited Data Plan is that you can keep it if you pre-order a phone prior to June 28, 2012 or pay full retail for you phone. There is another option to give up the unlimited data plan which isn't a big thing right now but over time I am sure it will be, especially with a large phone.

That means, either there is a last minute announcement of a VZW Note, I get the S3 or I get the Note from ATT which has no 4G LTE on Long Island or Delray Beach, FL.

What a sh---ty thing for Verizon to do, after so many of us have been waiting, without a word from VZW, for the Note. It would be nice if VZW would allow us to pre-order VZW versions of the Note but then they'd have to tell us something about what they are planning. I wish we had more 4G LTE options. The only leverage some of us have is to threaten doing to FIOS what everyone did to Netflix.

Yes, I am not thrilled about them changing the data plans. My contract ends July 15th and if there is no word by then on Verizon getting the Note, Im leaving! I will miss my Verizon discount, but I won't be able to keep unlmtd data regardless, if I upgrade to a phone I don't want on VZ or go to AT&T. So yup.. Its been great these past 5 years, but I want a Note!!

Upvote 0
VZW's new policy on grandfathering your $30 Unlimited Data Plan is that you can keep it if you pre-order a phone prior to June 28, 2012 or pay full retail for you phone. There is another option to give up the unlimited data plan which isn't a big thing right now but over time I am sure it will be, especially with a large phone.

That means, either there is a last minute announcement of a VZW Note, I get the S3 or I get the Note from ATT which has no 4G LTE on Long Island or Delray Beach, FL.

What a sh---ty thing for Verizon to do, after so many of us have been waiting, without a word from VZW, for the Note. It would be nice if VZW would allow us to pre-order VZW versions of the Note but then they'd have to tell us something about what they are planning. I wish we had more 4G LTE options. The only leverage some of us have is to threaten doing to FIOS what everyone did to Netflix.
I have a bit of good news for you. I have the AT&T Note, and where I live the Note doesn't have LTE yet, and it is still blazing fast on downloads!

Upvote 0
I have a bit of good news for you. I have the AT&T Note, and where I live the Note doesn't have LTE yet, and it is still blazing fast on downloads!

I'm on the edge of an AT&T LTE are (Houston, Texas vicinity) and it's quite fast enough without LTE and silly fast with it. As for AT&T service, 4 years ago "crappy" would have been to nice a word for it, but since they stopped being just the "iPhone" network, got over that T-Mobile merger stupidity, and got down to fixing up their own network like they should have to begin with it's vastly improved. That, and their customer service when I call in is at least as good as Verizon's now. It would seem that competition is forcing them to actually be a better company and serve their customers instead of just throw iPhones at them. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones