Wake up by camera button or volume rocker?

Last Updated:

1. timcity

timcity Active Member This Topic's Starter

One thing i envy on the iPhone is that it has a real button for 'Home' so you can wake the phone up from sleep by pressing it. Its 10000% more convenient than going up top to the lock/sleep button (especially on the droid which feels kinda awkward to get to)

So my question is, are there any apps out there, or any settings, that will make it so i can wake up my phone by pressing either the volume rocker or the camera button or maybe something that keeps the home key awake?

thx in advance

Advertisement
  2. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of. Using the power button doesnt' bother me, but when the phone is in the car dock, it's easier to just slide the screen up a little bit then hit the power button. You barely have to move it, it just a little will wake up the phone.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Also if anyone didn't already know you can hit any button on the keyboard to turn the screen on.

4. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

or slide open the screen if it is closed

5. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

I have noticed if you download flyscreen from the app store awaken the screen with the volume rocker

6. timcity

timcity Active Member This Topic's Starter

k thx ratchet ill try that out. i noticed you can unlock it with the slide out keyboard but thats kind of inconvenient when you just want to use one hand