• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

want a new phone what's the best one??

iDapzZ

Jun 22, 2012
OK so I had a fair few android devices a while back but decided to go to iPhone 5s.

I am now bored of it so looking to get a new android but not sure what's the best one I have a nexus 5 I'm using temporarily until I buy my new one.

I think I narrowed it down to one m8 or s5

Thanks for reading and any help given

Whatever that means ;)

Seriously, how do you rate build vs removable battery? Do you prefer more natural colours or more vibrant? Do you take pictures in bright light and zoom in, or in low light, or don't rely on a phone for a camera anyway? Do you use the speakers or just headphones? Which one's user interface do you prefer?

Either will do pretty much whatever you want, so it's mainly a matter of which you prefer.

Upvote 0
Erm don't take alot of pictures really, never use headphones,

Watch YouTube if anything.

Browse the web alot, Facebook etc

Just love being able to do as much as I can with my phone nothing in particular lol

Removable battery isn't important

Tbh I guess best looking screen for videos, games, fast. Half decent camera, good support etc

Upvote 0
Yeah mate Been here before trying to get it right this time.

Just a educated guess with these two as they name it out for phone of the year and iPhones never seen to be as highly rated.

I just got bored of mine, and assumed be out of these two for phone of the year again but opted for the HTC 👍

Upvote 0
I like Samsung myself... my wife and her sister are iPhone fans, so we stay with those brands... however, your best bet if your not preferring a particular brand, go down to Best Buy or your carriers store and try out the different flagship brands. Then you will see what you like.

If you are picking between the M8 & S5 then the S5 seems to be the superior phone, however you should still go down and "test-drive" both of them? It is like a car... do you buy one on hearsay and reports or do you actually "test-drive" before choosing. ;)

Right now I'm choosing between a S4 & S5 and have a thread on that here:
http://androidforums.com/device-carrier-comparisons/842545-i-have-galaxy-s4-s5-decision-make.html
They have some M8 / S5 comparisons in that thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones