• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want longer battery life? Seidio's extended batteries are ready.

Then I guess the only real issue you have is that you're running WinMo. ;):D

Meh, it was stable for the 2 years (and counting) that I've had it, plus it supports slingmobile, unlike the Droid and my n900. Being able to edit the registry made life so much easier as well. But I digress...whoever pulled the trigger on the Seidio, just make sure to "condition" it, per the included instructions.

Upvote 0
I believe any battery other than stock the droid will not read correctly. I picked up a cheap 1600mah battery from eBay and put it on my phone yesterday. It came with an 80%charge and I installed it around 2pm yesterday. By 6pm, the indicator read 5%, so I docked it charge. I started today at 7:30 am and I used it for the internet, few phone calls and 1hr or bluetooth mp3 at the gym and by 1pm it was at 5% again. So I started thinking well I only paid $9 for the battery what can I expect. So I restarted the phone and the battery meter booted up at 70%.

I am saying this that any battery other than stock will not be read correctly by the Droid.

Upvote 0
I believe any battery other than stock the droid will not read correctly. I picked up a cheap 1600mah battery from eBay and put it on my phone yesterday. It came with an 80%charge and I installed it around 2pm yesterday. By 6pm, the indicator read 5%, so I docked it charge. I started today at 7:30 am and I used it for the internet, few phone calls and 1hr or bluetooth mp3 at the gym and by 1pm it was at 5% again. So I started thinking well I only paid $9 for the battery what can I expect. So I restarted the phone and the battery meter booted up at 70%.

I am saying this that any battery other than stock will not be read correctly by the Droid.

I think you almost got it right - should be: any $9 battery will not be read correctly by the Droid. :D

Upvote 0
Fixed it for ya'.
;)

I can see why you may frown at purchasing such an important product for your phone at an incrediblely low price. Here is what I realized:

Our stock batteries are made in China, same place that this place manufactures their batteries.

There were numerous comments about the company that were negative on eBay, but none really doubting the product. More about wrong size than bad product.

Those that have posted stuff about the battery on other forums have razed about the battery and if it does not work out it can be a back up which is cheaper, in price, than any OEM.

So far it is giving me a longer life than stock, but this goes back to my original post about the Moto Droid, the battery indicator does not work with any other battery but the stock one. You can buy a $60 Seidio or $9 cheapo, still will not work properly.

Upvote 0
I can see why you may frown at purchasing such an important product for your phone at an incrediblely low price. Here is what I realized:

Our stock batteries are made in China, same place that this place manufactures their batteries.

There were numerous comments about the company that were negative on eBay, but none really doubting the product. More about wrong size than bad product.

Those that have posted stuff about the battery on other forums have razed about the battery and if it does not work out it can be a back up which is cheaper, in price, than any OEM.

So far it is giving me a longer life than stock, but this goes back to my original post about the Moto Droid, the battery indicator does not work with any other battery but the stock one. You can buy a $60 Seidio or $9 cheapo, still will not work properly.

We were just having a little fun at the cheap Chinese battery's expense (pun totally intended).:p

Upvote 0

There were numerous comments about the company that were negative on eBay, but none really doubting the product. More about wrong size than bad product...

Fair enough, but one would expect, or at least "hope", that the "big company" would have some sort of oversight, or "guarantee" on those Chinese manufactured goods, vs. some "upstart on ebay". Especially given the rash of hazzardous products coming out of said country (drywall that is poisonous, and rusts your pipes? Seriously? WTF?). Seidio has at least been around a while and developed a solid rep.

Squeezing out extra power within a technology that's pretty fixed as far as its limits for the given chemical compound, and means erring on the side of unreliability, given the battery's size. Thinner walled, faulty battery can lead to fire (ref. Dell's recent laptop battery recall). When you "French Fry" instead of "Pizza", you're gonna have a bad time:

YouTube - French fry pizza

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0
Having the same issues as everyone else with the seidio battery... Just out of curiosity, is there a way to shut off the stupid red light that blinks? I have no problem knowing I can safely make it through almost two days with the battery without "knowing" the meter, but the low battery light is annoying me haha....

Can we shut that indicator off or no dice?/ :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones