• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WANTED: Custom Mapping Application!

joshie

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
Hello,

I am looking for an application that can create a map by me carrying the phone and walking a certain path.

There is a 300 acre park near where I live. The maps they provide are way off base. I would like to walk all of the trails and have the Droid record where I am walking.

You know, this may be easier than I think using ASE and writing a Python script. I'll just get the location every half second and write it out to a file. It'll be interesting to see how the maps turn out, seeing the low resolution of the GPS receiver.

Cheers,
-JK

Sounds similar to MyTracks

My Tracks for Android
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones