• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Water damage indicator - does this mean yes or no?

soulred12

Lurker
Apr 23, 2011
I bought my current motorola droid (the original one) from my sister, who had it for a year and a half or so. I don't know how well she took care of it. I'm planning on selling it now, and I want to sell it to gazelle.com as they offer $64, but they won't pay anything for it if it has had water damage even though the rest of the phone is in quite good condition.

I've never gotten it in water, but I looked at the indicator under the battery covering to see if my sister had gotten water in it, and I can't tell what it says. She says she doesn't remember getting it in water, but she has a young kid who routinely played with the phone so...who knows, really.

Anyway, the indicator is red with a white cross in it (or white with red Xs...depending on how you look at it). So can anyone tell me what that means...?

Welcome to the forums!
Your water damage indicatior looks fine (not damaged), see the picture in next post :
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/46539-wheres-water-damage-indicator.html#post362753

If you see the red and white contours clear, everything is OK. After soaking some humidity (ie. being exposed to ware, steam, but it can easily happen also without any reason) the red color will spill to white background and the whole sticker gets pinky or dark red.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the response! I guess my Droid is water-damage-free because it looks just like the photo linked to in that thread.

Now I can use the money towards a new Droid Incredible :cool:
Welcome to the forums!
Your water damage indicatior looks fine (not damaged), see the picture in next post :
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/46539-wheres-water-damage-indicator.html#post362753

If you see the red and white contours clear, everything is OK. After soaking some humidity (ie. being exposed to ware, steam, but it can easily happen also without any reason) the red color will spill to white background and the whole sticker gets pinky or dark red.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones