• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help way too easy to call 911

So just to confirm for those who found it difficult before. The update fixed this. If you hit the emergency call button now it takes you to the dialer. Hope this helps everyone who was having issues. I liked that it takes you to the unlock screen with the password on when you slide open. I didn't know that before. I didn't use the password though before either til people started liking to play with my phone at work.

what update are you talking about and how can i get it because I just dialed 911 like 2 nights ago and had them call me back (I was pretty trashed at a party, epic fail) i thought I cancelled the call (Ive done that like 10 times now rofl.) but it apparently got answered lol

And can someone please tell me why the htc hero know it alls are posting like the moment is the same phone? lol

Upvote 0
The CL14 (MR) was released on the 15th. You have to go to a repair center and the update your phone. Back all your stuff up to the sd card and remove it and don't let them save your contacts if you sync to gmail. It takes maybe 20 minutes and then your all set. Less keyboard lag. Google maps works great and the 911 button is gone. it takes you to the dialer. Also battery meter issue appears to be fixed. I stayed on the phone texting and calling and web and music all day far more than normal and haven't hit Orange yet. Finally got home and it is below half but not orange yet so we will see how long it truly lasts.

Upvote 0
The CL14 (MR) was released on the 15th. You have to go to a repair center and the update your phone. Back all your stuff up to the sd card and remove it and don't let them save your contacts if you sync to gmail. It takes maybe 20 minutes and then your all set. Less keyboard lag. Google maps works great and the 911 button is gone. it takes you to the dialer. Also battery meter issue appears to be fixed. I stayed on the phone texting and calling and web and music all day far more than normal and haven't hit Orange yet. Finally got home and it is below half but not orange yet so we will see how long it truly lasts.

Go to the Sprint store? Seriously? wtf is this 1996? lol why cant I just use the "update" option any normal phone out there has? lol

Upvote 0
I've actually just joined to post a reply to the Ftard trolls in this thread...

Thanks to all you assh0les who wasted the first 20 posts trolling about why we dont need to lock our phones or how you dont understand how we dialed 911. We dont need to spend the first 40 posts of every thread arguing and justifying why this is a legitimate problem. please if you dont know the answer to the issue just shut the hell up.

There needs to be a vote system implemented in this forum where we can give thumbs up or thumbs down to users, and then a filter option to filter out posters with low scores. Or better yet, a troll button to punch those users in the face.

This is a tech forum! Dont post unless you have information pertaining to the problem or the solution!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok here's something useful now...

after calling the cops on christmas at a family friends house :S ...

I've installed Lockbot. the free version is sufficient, but the pro version would be a full solution.

Lockbot makes a nice unlock slider screen with some nice custom functions OVER TOP of my pattern unlocker. so yes I need to slider unlock AND pattern unlock, but at least i'm not calling the cops anymore and my phone is secure. Or you can open your sliding physical keyboard (if you have one) to take you right to the unlock pattern.

the pro version would have a password or lock pattern protection which could replace the default pattern lock and solve the redundancy issue above.

i hope this helps

Upvote 0
hi all im new here. and commenting n the 911 emergency call button, ive had this phone for 3 weeks and so far the police have called me 5 times leaving a message that i dialed 911. this is really annoying. they cant locate the phone or im sure id have cops knocking on my door. and that wouldnt be cool. ATT says theres an app to change the lock screen and so far i cant find it anyone have the name of the app????. this is no longer cool. ive searched the threads for the app but with no luck. HELPPPPPPP lol

Upvote 0
hi all im new here. and commenting n the 911 emergency call button, ive had this phone for 3 weeks and so far the police have called me 5 times leaving a message that i dialed 911. this is really annoying. they cant locate the phone or im sure id have cops knocking on my door. and that wouldnt be cool. ATT says theres an app to change the lock screen and so far i cant find it anyone have the name of the app????. this is no longer cool. ive searched the threads for the app but with no luck. HELPPPPPPP lol

Download Call Confirm. It requires you to confirm the call before your phone makes the call.

For a lockscreen there are a few. The one I love is widgetlocker (1.99). It allows you to put widgets on your lockscreen :) Goto locker is another good one that many members here like. There are more but those are the ones that are really popular.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones