• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We really need a new gallery

The gallery is just awful. I have my music organized by album and therefore the gallery shows me heaps of folders (one for every album). I also have a folder for every app. This is WAY too messy and needs the functionality of selecting which folders to choose pictures from. The default setting of everything is awful.

The .nomedia work around is not functional as it stops the music player from finding my music files in each folder.

Does anybody know how to work around this? I haven't been able to find a solution and I've been browsing all day!

Upvote 0
+1 on QuickPic: It does most everything that's been asked, including file management (copy, move, rename, delete, new folders, etc. And as was mentioned, "crazy fast". I hated the long startup delays with Gallery when you have tons of images - none with QuickPic. I also like that if you open an image from within Astro, you can then scroll through pics from that point - Gallery only viewed that single pic.

I've actually deleted the Gallery system app altogether (I'm rooted) and use QuickPic exclusively. Wonderful app!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones