• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weather widget not working

Neera

Mar 4, 2010
IL
Noticed this morning that my weather widget (using Beautiful Widgets) is not updating even after trying to manually refresh it.

I removed the widget and when I re-added it to the home screen I got this message (see attachment): "Google ended their API Google Weather".

Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?

Attachments

• 2012-09-27.jpg
    2012-09-27.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 914
Noticed this morning that my weather widget (using Beautiful Widgets) is not updating even after trying to manually refresh it.

I removed the widget and when I re-added it to the home screen I got this message (see attachment): "Google ended their API Google Weather".

Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?

hi have had same problem this morning, it just stopped.. how to change on experai T

Upvote 0
I had the same problem on my S3 and just figured it out. It only refreshes when the GPS is turned on. I prefer not to leave my GPS on all the time, but if you turn the GPS on, and then hit the refresh on the weather widget, it will update immediately, then you can turn the GPS off. I still might look for another weather widget.

Upvote 0
I have this problem on my Samsung galaxy recently I don't know if your problem has been solved but it was the problem of DNS on my device if you are using a router then change your routers DNS to 8.8.8.8 and in next 8.8.4.4 its google DNS and its safe and you can change it directly from your phone too just go to your selected wifi network touch it and hold and in modify network config.< show advance option< in ip setting change DHCP to static and change your DNS to above said DNS servers in there but don't change anything else
(NOTE: this solution is for a wifi connection only :))
peace!!

Upvote 0
Im using BW 5.7.2, I have re-selected my widget, i have changed from Accuweather to Weather Underground, but still the centre of the App says N/A instead of weather icon & no Temps Hi Lo) = not updating any weather information. If i tap N/A & go in to the weather page, at the top it gives my correct location, date & time, but says No weather data yet.....
when i click the Refresh button..... no change.
People have talked about uninstalling and re-installing BW....
But i have paid for my App, so that i get all the weather animations.
Are you really saying the only solution is i have to pay again to get this No Weather Icon & temp information resolved? just to see if a re-install will work?

Upvote 0
I had NA messages in all the weather fields and nothing worked until I went in and re-selected the temp NA field (I use Total Launcher) and told it to do temp again in the settings.
It said I needed some sort of total key launcher (clicking took me to it automatically)
Cost 6 dollars but its done now and finally got it working.
PS,.. and thats using accuweather

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, on my Galaxy S7 Edge, after a reboot (about 2 hours or more), ALL widgets stop updating. I use about 4 or 5 widgets from a wide range of providers and not a single one of them update. They all simply stop working. There are a LOT of complaints "out there" about this issue but thus far no reasonable explanation or solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones