weatherbug elite is great!!General

Last Updated:

1. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I finally got fed up with the HTC weather widget being inaccurate, both with location and the forecast and decided to take the advice of those that use and love weatherbug elite. Well let me just say: it's amazing!! The widget is beautiful and, unlike the HTC widget, is ALWAYS accurate. i wish there was a 2x2 versiin, but the 4x1 works just fine. for anyone that is just sick and tired of fighting the HTC one, switch to the weatherbug elite app and widget. I think it's only like a dollar or something and worth every penny.

Advertisement
  2. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I just use the free weatherbug widget. It has 2x1.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

It is a great app. I miss it on the 2.1 leak.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

If you've paid for it just download the apk. Then when it appears on the market just replace it. This is what i'm doing with all my paid apps that aren't showing up on the marketplace.

5. truelove79

The free one is good too, but the paid elite widget makes it worth the money. Makes me not even miss the HTC widget.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

6. gary1973

gary1973 Active Member

Where do you get the apk i bought it but have not been able to find it since 2.1 leak

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Well i guess links here are frowned upon, just google the latest version and you should find it.

gary1973 likes this.
  8. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

Upgraded to the Elite. This weather app is sweet. So much better than Weather Channel. The Widget is the best part. Hard to pick between this widget and beautiful widget.

9. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I love the weatherbug elite widget, its on of the most useful things i have on my phone. I was without it for about 3 days and was lost without it.

10. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

HAve the free one and it's great. What are the extras of the elite?

11. hazeof3dd

hazeof3dd Well-Known Member

I was able to find the 2.3.whatever APK of the Elite version after a quick Google search the other day. If you have already purchased it, like I have, there is nothing illegal about it. If you want it and plan to purchase it... Well... That's up to you. I couldn't live without my 4x1 and Radar widgets on 2.1 any longer!

12. truelove79

The elite one has some extra features and the elite widget is much nicer looking and has more information. Try it and if you dont like it you can always get a refund.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

13. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Same here...

14. I googled for it just now (I purchased 'Elite' a good while back -- so it's cool)... and every place I found it looked to be rather 'shady'... Downloading it from some random 3rd party site, how do we know its legit, not been tampered with, and safe?

15. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Well thats a judgement call you'll have to make, i had a link to one i'm using earlier but i removed as someone said i could get banned for posting it. Oh well, live and learn i guess.

16. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Not posting a link but there is a site that has a 4 and a shared in the url and it has alot of shizz.

17. hazeof3dd

hazeof3dd Well-Known Member

Just look for something that has the same initials at Pay-Per-Click ;) Might see something like Tupperware in the name too...

18. Someone on 1.5 that has downloaded/purchased WeatherBug Elite from market... can you check and report back what the latest version # is?

Please only respond if you've done as mentioned above -- purchased and downloaded directly from the Android market.

Thxmuch ;)

19. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

You can check the version # at androlib.com Thats the easiest way i know of to obtain the latest version # of each app.

20. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

21. Ah, of course... I dunno why I didn't even think about that. Now I feel dumb ;)

For reference, its v2.3.234.

22. naparacing

naparacing New Member

How do you replace the HTC widget with this one. I just downloaded it and it looks great but I have to open it everytime to check the weather. Am I doing something wrong? M_

23. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

On the home screen that you wish to put the widget hit the little + and then go to Android Widgets. From there you will see the option for Weather Bug and the sizes available.

naparacing likes this.
  24. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I was using the widget for a few days. It's a nice widget, but my phone was in lag city. I took the widget off this morning and the danged thing is a like a new phone.

It's too bad. I now just have Elite set to have the current temp in notifications and that's working just fine.

25. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Are you on a leaked 2.1? Other question, no matter what you're running, do you have a lot of apps? undeleted old messages? etc..

I'm running 1.5 and clear my messages down to a few dozen every week, clear the various cache accumulations in application manager and other regular maintenance. That Weather Bug Elite has no effect on my device at all.

I'm not much of an app fan-boy no matter how good one seems to me because I know that is quite subjective; one person's great app is another person's piece of useless doo-doo.

But that WBE is quite usefull and seems very "light" for its depth of information available. GPS must run for it to be at its best of course. Perhaps that is a factor in perceived lag for some users.