• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WebDav, can't write to SD card

vpelton

Dec 28, 2009
My Samsung Galaxy S10e has an SD card. I turn on WebDav on my cell. Then on my PC I can see the files on my SD card but I can't write to the SD card. I can write to the SD card when use a USB cable to connect my cell & PC.

On my old S6, I could read/write to my cell using WebDav, but it did not have an SD card.

How can I write to my S10e using WebDav? Thanks.

P.S., if this is the wrong forum, please let me know how to find the correct one.

P.P.S., should have given the error message. On my PC, I ctrl-C (copy) a file, then on my PC in the dir for the SD card, I ctrl-P (paste). Error msg is: can't read from the source file or disk (& it lists my source file name). This is confusing since it's saying there's a problem with the source rather than the destination. But if I copy the same file in the same way & paste to a dir on my PC, then it works fine. So it seems there's no problem with the source.

Last edited:
WebDav version 1.17 (which is the latest), updated 2015. My cell has Android version 9 (pie). Looks like you're saying even the latest WebDav might not work on the new Android OS. If that's the case, do you know of a different app that can do the same thing (but work)? I just want to transfer files from PC to cell via a script so I need a drive letter, e.g., F: .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones