• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

webpages not fully downloading

Welcome to the forums and Android!

I am using the Boat Browser, very good app plus it's free, and I have no issues with that website.

So, it might be something about the stock ICS browser.

If Boat works for you, then you probably also want to get the free Choose Browser app, a handy must-have for those of us actively using more than one browser. It gets added automagically to the selection list when you share a web page and makes popping over to another browser from your default a breeze.

Reactions: the future is
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply EarlyMon.

I tried Boat Browser - which i'm sure will be a valuable addition - but did not solve this problem.
Researching the web in the meantime, leads me to believe it could be an issue with Java applets on this area of the site. On a PC or LapTop Java flashes up when you view the seating plan and purchase tickets. I understand you can't run Java on Android, so looks like i'll be stuck with lugging around my laptop for a little while longer.

Upvote 0
Researching the web in the meantime, leads me to believe it could be an issue with Java applets on this area of the site. On a PC or LapTop Java flashes up when you view the seating plan and purchase tickets. I understand you can't run Java on Android, so looks like i'll be stuck with lugging around my laptop for a little while longer.

That site displays and runs fine on my Droid X2, running the Dolphin Mini browser. Seating and ticket tabs loaded within about three seconds fully after first going to the home page.

I'm wondering if you've got your browser configured to restrict content in some way or other.

Reactions: the future is
Upvote 0
Frisco, thanks for taking the time to view. Appreciate it.

Checked my phone settings, but can't see anything out of the ordinary there. Same with the browser settings. Tried the Dolphin Mini browser too, but no luck there either - nice app though.

You've at least given me renewed belief that there's a solution to be had. Just need to get my finger out and come up with it now.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones