Wedding first dance songs

Last Updated:

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Hey all, saw the thread about posting your desired funeral song and though, hey what was everyone's first dance song at their wedding? If you're not married, what would you like it to be?
    I had a long debate with my fiance about it, and she basically gave up and let me decide since I'm the music snob :D
    I'll get it started, ours (though short story, we lost electricity and didn't have any for our entire ceremony/celebration :eek:, had to be played through a tiny speaker) was The Be Good Tanyas - Hello Love
    Hello Love - The Be Good Tanyas - YouTube

2. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

Subscribed....we are still debating on ours for a September 2012 wedding....looking for some more ideas.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I honestly can't remember the first song for either wedding (don't tell my wife) but since I was raised solely by my mom, our Mother son dance was "Wind Beneath my Wings."
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

My first dance with my wife was to "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye. The father/daughter and mother/son was to "Wild World" by Cat Stevens.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  5. breadnatty08

Good choices. Since we had no power, I wasn't able to play the song for dancing with my mom. I believe it was supposed to be "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young. My wife's with her dad was a Sam Cooke song, but I can't recall the title.
  6. NickanM

NickanM Active Member

Me & hubby married in totally secrecy, no one know, and therefore no dancing etc.

But a friend of us did,and the only thing he was allowed to in the wedding planning by bridezilla and her mom was to choose all the music.

The first dance they danced as man and wife in front of all, was to the song "Release me" with Elvis.... :D
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  7. breadnatty08

8. me and my wife danced to All I Ask of You from The Phantom of the Opera.
  9. pockings

pockings Well-Known Member