• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weight Loss tips for....

LGee3

Aug 4, 2019
Hill Country Texas
Those 50 years and over. I was 50 when I was weighing 292 pounds and am 5'8'. NOT GOOD !!! I was consuming total garbage like fast foods and no exercise at all. I got tired of it and decided I was going to start exercising. In my youth I made the mistake of power lifting and not doing any cardio. When I reached late 30's I started to balloon. 2 years ago my waist was 54' and my bmi was over 40%. I started drinking nothing but water and got on an elliptical stepper at Level 2 for 15 minutes twice a day. I progressed to 30 minutes to Level 10 after 2 months and 25 pounds lost. I ate tuna, oatmeal, chicken, peanut butter and NO fast foods. After 1 year I started lifting weights and dropped another 45 pounds. I will be 53 soon and am at 188 pounds and. 36' waist. Oh, I am no longer Diabetic nor on blood pressure meds. I have almost ab acre of property and I stopped using my riding mower and use the push mower now FOR the cardio benefit.

Reactions: joe71 and Dannydet
Wow. Just wow! Congrats! I'm a bit older than you and want to get down to your weight. I used to run marathons, so I was a bit more athletic than you were but after the plantar faciitis and herniated disc, I have to be more careful how I workout. I light weight train, walk, some jog and back exersizes.

Upvote 0
Hello, we found each other, I’m the same person who dreams of losing weight, I put in enough effort, that is, I go to the gym and eat right, and after some time I don’t see the result and I started searching the Internet for at least some information on how to speed up the process of losing weight and then I hear from my friend who is a professional athlete that I just need to buy testosterone which will do everything for me, it will speed up the metabolism and put the body to work and the body itself will begin to lose excess weight, and now I’m already taking its long period and what can I say it was my best decision in life and I no longer have problems with excess weight so use it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Being a truck driver is serious unhealthy profession. You don't get much exercise, you diet consists of mainly fast food or roller items, it's extremely easy to pack on the pounds. I know at one point I was reached 280-290 and my size 40 waist pants were getting right.:(:thumbsdowndroid:
i made changes my current weight is 210
I am down to a size 36 and those are getting loose :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones