• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weight Loss; with App

LizMac

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2013
(Hope this is the best forum for this)

So, if you're like me, you put on too much "winter weight". I do every season and then struggle to get it off by mid summer. As I get older, it gets harder to lose.

Then, I found this great App (which, I swear, I did not develop - but wish I had) called "Lose it!" I've lost 1.4 lbs in 5 days. My goal is 1.5 per week.

I'm starting this thread to see if anybody wants to join me in losing some weight and having a bit of support doing it. The App is free (pay for premium) and it works better than food journaling, as I always have my phone on me and I can easily scan the bar codes of food.

It also gives you an over view of your nutrients (most of us get too many carbs). If you get too hungry, do some exercise and record it. You can now eat more food.

I am currently at 151 pounds and my current goal is to get back to 126. After that, I'll probably go back down to my "fighting weight" :p of 119/120. I'm just under 5'4".

Join me and let's get healthy/healthier.

Forgot to post a screenshot of the App:

zyTWhnw.png
[/IMG]

Upvote 0
So far, I've found everything I've eaten, bar code or not. I mostly purchase off the track organic stuff, locally grown veggies and such and I've had no problem. However, if you want to poo-poo the app, you are welcome to. I have found it useful and perhaps others would as well.

I've found these veggies in it so far (without bar code)
collards
kale (organic)
spinach, fresh
sweet potato
brocoli

It has many, many restaurants and the entire Starbucks line of drinks and pastries.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi LizMac, I moved your thread into Android Applications as this is what we're discussing here. Any problems PM me. :)

So far, I've found everything I've eaten, bar code or not. I mostly purchase off the track organic stuff, locally grown veggies and such and I've had no problem. However, if you want to poo-poo the app, you are welcome to. I have found it useful and perhaps others would as well.

I've found these veggies in it so far (without bar code)
collards
kale (organic)
spinach, fresh
sweet potato
brocoli

It has many, many restaurants and the entire Starbucks line of drinks and pastries.

Didn't mean to poo poo the app. :) However we're discussing it from a practical situation and maybe an international point of view. Think just about all restaurants I dine at won't be on any app or database at all, apart from probably KFC, which I tend to avoid anyway. I'm often eating in the school canteen(I'm a teacher) though during term time, but they don't actually state any nutrition facts, but I do know what I'm eating and how it's cooked though. Generally it's mutton, beef, chicken, rice, steamed buns, egg, cucumber, cabbage, potatoes and eggplant. Although in restaurants there's many more foods, can be a spread of up-to ten different dishes, and you take what you want with chopsticks. My working out is really running around the track with the students, it's 2km. Often playing basketball as well, but have no set times or regime for this.

On the whole I think people in China don't tend to be particularly overweight, and the diet can be quite healthy. Certainly compared to what i was eating in the UK.

Upvote 0
Forgot to post a screenshot of the App:

zyTWhnw.png
[/IMG]

First let me congratulate you on deciding to lose weight and what you have lost so far. BUT as a gym owner and someone that has been involved in bodybuilding for over 30 years I have to tell you that this macro breakdown is not the best for weight loss. I won't go into all the details because this is an android site and not a bodybuilding forum, but if you really want to lose weight your protein intake should be higher than carbs for sure. If you want to know all the "hows" and "whys" send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to explain it to you, it's how I make my living, lol.

Upvote 0
First let me congratulate you on deciding to lose weight and what you have lost so far. BUT as a gym owner and someone that has been involved in bodybuilding for over 30 years I have to tell you that this macro breakdown is not the best for weight loss. I won't go into all the details because this is an android site and not a bodybuilding forum, but if you really want to lose weight your protein intake should be higher than carbs for sure. If you want to know all the "hows" and "whys" send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to explain it to you, it's how I make my living, lol.

Thanks HG. I'm an ex-body builder (natural) and gym rat so I combine both. When I was younger my body burned carbs extremely fast but as I'm much older (and don't have as much time for things like running) I've slowed a lot. I use this only as a tool for me. I know my protein should be between 30 and 40. You are only looking - at that photo - of my mid morning - I intake more protein during the day. Thanks for the good advice.

Upvote 0
Thanks HG. I'm an ex-body builder (natural) and gym rat so I combine both. When I was younger my body burned carbs extremely fast but as I'm much older (and don't have as much time for things like running) I've slowed a lot. I use this only as a tool for me. I know my protein should be between 30 and 40. You are only looking - at that photo - of my mid morning - I intake more protein during the day. Thanks for the good advice.

Sounds like you have in all under control then, I thought that was your breakdown for the whole day. Always nice to meet an ex-bodybuilder although I don't think we EVER get it entirely out of our systems!!!:) Take care and good luck, Vin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones