• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird text message behavior

LoBatt

Android Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2010
When I send a text message, the recipient shows that that it's from some strange number, a 16 digit number. But if the recipient clicks on it, it shows my phone number as a call back number. If the recipient simply replies to the text message, I don't get it. But if the recipient replies to my call back number, it comes through. Anyone else having this issue or know what's going on? I'm using the default messaging app.

And yet other people are posting up threads before doing a search... :p

Please remember of the Zero Tollerance Policy we have here:

We welcome EVERYONE to this forum. We don't care if their grammar isn't perfect. And, albeit a little annoying when someone doesn't, we don't "require" people to search first before they post a question. Replying to a thread by saying "use the search" is just as bad or worse than not searching first. Either reply to a thread with a helpful solution or don't reply at all.

So please, don't worry about it LoBatt.

Upvote 0
Folks, glad the forums do a search for you as it helped prevent me from creating a new one ;)

Anyway, does this still seem to fix the issue? Powering down, pulling out battery then plopping it back in ?

Seems kinda voodoo to me... I'd have tried the fix already but am doing proxy research for my wife, who is actually driving the Thunderbolt (lucky her - my phone doesn't even require a data plan).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones