• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome Huawei Mercury users!

Good day folks! Been lurking quite some time so I figured I'd drop a line. Had the Merc since release day... NOT a bad phone by any means considering it being w/Cricket. I've rooted and running Revokster ROM w/V6_SuperCharger. If you haven't given it a try, I say go for it (considering you know what you're doing) It has made the phone that much better... YMMV

Upvote 0
Good day folks! Been lurking quite some time so I figured I'd drop a line. Had the Merc since release day... NOT a bad phone by any means considering it being w/Cricket. I've rooted and running Revokster ROM w/V6_SuperCharger. If you haven't given it a try, I say go for it (considering you know what you're doing) It has made the phone that much better... YMMV
Welcome to the forums! Good to have you aboard! It sounds like you have some knowledge, hope you stick around!

Upvote 0
Have a question over my Huawei Mercury phone. When I turned the phone off, removed the battery (since I needed to change the sd card), and then replaced the battery, the phone's LED lit up. The LED light stayed on until I pressed the power button to start the phone. My wife's M886 will turn on by itself when the battery is place back on the slot, but the LED light will not come on. So I am stunned; two identical phones and yet they behave differently. Any ideas what could be causing the LED light to come and stay on until the power button is pressed.

Upvote 0
gmash and all others:

I am NOT an expert at rooting or anything else. I have had my mercury m886 for about a month now ( bought off ebay) and am very happy with it.

I found a (STOCK?) ics upgrade that can be run from sdcard

( it was intended for the radio shack paygo model of the mercury)

I upgraded to ICS THEN rooted my fone!
I am now rooted and running ICS
and EVERYTHING IS WORKING PERFECTLY

I have found very easy method posted online to root this phone.

also the folder where the bloatware

(some of it anyway) was moved to in 2.3.6 (gingerbread) and also in ICS 4.0.3

they are now stored in /Data/DataApp. I am not allowed to post links here yet as I am a new member, but I DO have the links saved on my computer.

(gmash if you think they would be useful contact me and maybe I can give you the links so you can look at them) my email is stevew220 at Hotmail . com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones