Well, this is neat...

1. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Hooray for the Captivate forum! The Galaxy-S forum was getting a little too crowded with all the European/Asian folks talking about features that will likely be very different on the Captivate.
  3. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Probably a good idea. FWIW, I submitted the Captivate over @ zagg.com as well.
  4. lordmaxx

I hope zagg and proclipusa.com spin up fast for this one. AT&T going with a different formfactor is unfortunate because it lowers the chance for cool docking stations and such, but I'm trying to decide if I like this formfactor better than original galaxy S. I am happy with the button layout at the bottom though.
  5. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

It definitely makes it look less iPhone-y...
  6. lordmaxx

I like the phonetics of that statement.

I guess, even though their claims that the icons and such are stealing from Iphone are ridiculous since they've been around since the first blackberries and palm phones.

I can almost believe AppleT&T demanded a formfactor change BECAUSE it was so Iphone-y
  7. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I may like the 4 soft buttons better than the 3 from teh perspective of having all 4. but I like the center hard button better on the SGS. And I like the overall looks better on the SGS. I could care less if it looks similar to the iPhone.

The one thing about the AT&T form factor that would be a real plus, I think, would be if the power input is at the bottom instead of the top. But at this point I have no idea if that is the case.
  8. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Lordmaxx is the major contributer here and the attitude is fairly chipper. I feel like I don't know these forums anymore... :D
  9. maerlim

Next thing we know, pigs are gonna start flying and hell will freeze over.
  10. Ambictus

And the Dell Aero will be on retail shelves... :eek:
    maerlim likes this.
  11. maerlim

Well played, sir.
  12. lordmaxx

I am cautiously optimistic (we have nowhere to go but up!)...for all we know we could get this on the store shelves and at&T would request they take it back to Android 1.6 for "stability" And so they can rip out google maps for AT&T navigator!

that more like it? :D
  13. Ambictus

It was a bit watered down but I'm startin to feel the warm fuzzies again ;)
  14. lordmaxx

The link endgadget review has some pretty good pics. The 3.5mm and USB are both on top like the Galaxy S. We even get the little USB door.

Samsung Captivate preview - Engadget Galleries

A little worrying, but hopefully because it's an 'early build' as engadget said, but I saw no microphone on their swype keyboard.
  15. Ynomrah

Ynomrah Well-Known Member

Yeah, i also am hoping that the microphone shows up on that swype keyboard. Will be a little bummed if it isn't. Its fixable though.