• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What a joke! Check this guy out!

I got Android right off the bat, I started with a BlackBerry, and if you are complaining about THIS wait time... you will never want to purchase a BlackBerry! BlackBerry users say the Torch starts up fastest, and that is 2 minutes! for the phone to start up! once you get in it, it has to read the SD card, run the apps, etc. etc.

You really cannot complain, Android probably has the best boot time out of all the smart phones you can choose, then again it always varies (Sense, Blur, etc.)

Upvote 0
I got Android right off the bat, I started with a BlackBerry, and if you are complaining about THIS wait time... you will never want to purchase a BlackBerry! BlackBerry users say the Torch starts up fastest, and that is 2 minutes! for the phone to start up! once you get in it, it has to read the SD card, run the apps, etc. etc.

You really cannot complain, Android probably has the best boot time out of all the smart phones you can choose, then again it always varies (Sense, Blur, etc.)

Indeed...I'm very happy with how fast my Vibrant boots up. I had a BlackBerry 9700 prior, and it took bloody forever to boot...in the neighborhood of 7-8 minutes! Drove me batty.

Upvote 0
Indeed...I'm very happy with how fast my Vibrant boots up. I had a BlackBerry 9700 prior, and it took bloody forever to boot...in the neighborhood of 7-8 minutes! Drove me batty.

Ugh, tell me about it! I had a 9700, too, & mine usually booted in like 6. And, of couse BlackBerries need battery pulls every few days, this amounted to a LOT of wait time.

I don't accept Adam's apology video. Notice how he still makes jabs at the boot up time by "making smalltalk" with his audience while the media scanner runs. And he says AGAIN, that the phone "tells him" to sweep the screen to unlock. No! That's just what the skin says. It says that EVERY TIME. It's not like it only shows up once the phone is fully booted as an indicator that you can now use the device lag-free. He's still a moron.

Upvote 0
Someone lied to you ... The Behold II loads a helluva lot faster than the Vibrant.

My Vibrant loads in 1:25

My former Behold 2 Loaded in just under 3 minutes.
(Stock Android 1.5 or OTA 1.6 made no difference)

both included sim password entery.

I used the same 4gb SD card for both
but on the behold2 all 3.8 gig of music was on the sd card.

Now the same music is on the Vibrants phone memory.
the 4gb sd card now has the avatar movie, trailer and a 717 meg Hancock.mp4 file.

way faster than the behold 2.

Upvote 0
I know I'm a little late to this party, but when I boot my Vibrant I never wait for the media scanner to get done and it runs just fine. I think this guy wasn't hitting the screen and was sweeping above the screen to try and make Android look bad. Oh and it's a pocketnow thing anyways and we all know that pocketnow loves Windows mobile crap so it's like having a Iphanboy do a review of some other phone.

Grain of salt anyone?

Upvote 0
I know I'm a little late to this party, but when I boot my Vibrant I never wait for the media scanner to get done and it runs just fine. I think this guy wasn't hitting the screen and was sweeping above the screen to try and make Android look bad. Oh and it's a pocketnow thing anyways and we all know that pocketnow loves Windows mobile crap so it's like having a Iphanboy do a review of some other phone.

Grain of salt anyone?

I cant really do much til it loads. It freezes sometimes when it is loading so i just wait. It dont take very long on startup though. Only time it takes a little while is when i unplug it from the computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones