• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What APPS do you freeze with Titanium Pro?

McGilli

Mar 21, 2012
I am looking for better battery life with my Note. Not saying mine is bad, but, just interested in killing any processes that are unnecessary.

I also don't know which ones are really safe to freeze.

If you could list any apps you freeze, and if it helps battery life - that would be great. I can then determine if I need that program or not.

Thanks!

I am looking for better battery life with my Note. Not saying mine is bad, but, just interested in killing any processes that are unnecessary.

I also don't know which ones are really safe to freeze.

If you could list any apps you freeze, and if it helps battery life - that would be great. I can then determine if I need that program or not.

Thanks!

Have tested this mainly times on multiple devices:

Wifi Sharing
Wifi Sharing Manager
both Social Hub processes
Software Update

Reactions: NZtechfreak
Upvote 0
Currently, I've frosted the ff:

1) Bible
2) Camera 1.0
3) Email 3.0.0.1
4) Email 1.0
5) Gallery 1.1.30682
6) Gmail 2.3.5
7) Google Play Store 3.5.15
8) Google Search 1.1.2.64376
9) Messenger 1.6.0
10) S Memo 11.10.27.3682
11) S Memo lite 11.10.27.3682
12) Skype 2.7.0.907
13) Social Hub 2.00.00001
14) Social Hub 1.1
15) Software update V9.5.1
16) Software update 1.0
17) Wi-Fi sharing 1.0
18) WiFi sharing manager 1.0
19) Workout Trainer 2.8
20) Yahoo Finance 11.09.28.01

Any comments/ suggestion on these apps that I've frozen? Is there any of these apps that will harm my Galaxy Note?

Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
Just wanna share the things I've done already with my Galaxy Note:

1) Rooted my device.
2) Installed Titanium Backup Pro together with
3) Advanced Task Killer Free
4) SetCPU

I'm still observing if there will be a change with the battery life. I just charged my phone last night at around 9:45pm and it took more than 3 hours to get 100% fully charged.

Right now, upon looking on the running apps using Advanced Task Killer Free, I've notice that the ff: were running even after I restarted my phone:

1) Advanced Task Killer Free
2) Gallery
3) Mobile Security & Antivirus
4) Titanium Backup
5) Superuser
5) SetCPU

I just have a question, among these running apps in the background, which of them needs and/or okay to be frozen to reduce battery load?

Thank you so much. :)

Upvote 0
Just wanna share the things I've done already with my Galaxy Note:

1) Rooted my device.
2) Installed Titanium Backup Pro together with
3) Advanced Task Killer Free
4) SetCPU

I'm still observing if there will be a change with the battery life. I just charged my phone last night at around 9:45pm and it took more than 3 hours to get 100% fully charged.

Right now, upon looking on the running apps using Advanced Task Killer Free, I've notice that the ff: were running even after I restarted my phone:

1) Advanced Task Killer Free
2) Gallery
3) Mobile Security & Antivirus
4) Titanium Backup
5) Superuser
5) SetCPU

I just have a question, among these running apps in the background, which of them needs and/or okay to be frozen to reduce battery load?

Thank you so much. :)

Get rid of task killer its a huge battery drain. And any security software. Both run constantly and keep your Droid from entering sleepmode. Droid is lenux based and there are very few phone viruses. The most malishious thing you will run into is airpush adds so virus protection is a waste. Also set your email to update less frequently
My stock email was set at an update of 15min. Which keep my phone up. I changed them to 12 and 24 hours. You can still manually pull them by opening them up on demand. That should help quite a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones