• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What are these "1.."-files, and why won't they go away?

Christars

Nov 7, 2011
Hi y'all!

I've got a rather curious predicament. I was recently deleting a folder of pictures I had imported from somewhere, when I got a rather strange message - that there were files that were "not found" when Windows 7 tried to delete them (I was deleting while using the phone in USB mode). I found this strange, so I tried to delete them manually from the phone. Most of them were deleted, but I was left with about twenty files all named "1.."

When I attempt to delete them in USB mode, I again get the message that "File was not found. The file is no longer in the directory", while if I try to delete them from the phone directly it just acts as if it deleted them and starts scanning the sd-card, but the files are all still there.

Anyone got any ideas? I kinda want them gone; they aren't doing anything bad as far as I know but it's kinda annoying to have "indestructible" junk (they apparently all take 0 kb space, so that isn't the issue).

I'm running 2.2.3, if that's any help, but I got them before I updated (and I don't remember which version I was using earlier). I haven't rooted or done anything "fancy" to it, I'm always scared I'd break my precious, precious Galaxy!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones