• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently playing?

So having had a quick search through the Gaming section and not finding a relevant thread, I decided to start one for discussion of what you are currently playing/have recently played. Good? Bad? Tell all here and recommend based on your experiences.

I've just finished Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days. Now, I know the series gets a lot of criticism and I agree it is very flawed, but I fell in love with the atmosphere of the first game. The story was riddled with despair and revenge and I got totally drawn into the characters and their many trials. So I naturally picked up the second game and on the whole, I'd say it was alright. I loved the new documentary style camera as it made things feel gritty, however a lot of that sombre atmosphere from the first game is gone. Good if you can pick it up cheap though, and I've still to try out the co-op gameplay.

I'm still toiling away through Dragon Quest IX on the DS though. This game is eating up hours of my time and I don't tire of it. Doesn't reinvent the RPG genre but given the limitations of the platform it is huge in scale.

Just finished the new DLC for Alan Wake on 360. Good grief was it semi-difficult.

Tell me about it! :p

Actually I dug up a old PS2 game, since my lady is gone on a cottage trip and for me, I'm mostly just preparing to move so I found out. Hey, I can play something that takes a bit time now! Sooooo *drum rolls* I took up Kingdom Hearts (1) and decided to play it, I'm really surprised - the graphics is still decent, but its rather extremely funny to play even so many years later after it got released.

Maybe this is what Square Enix should have done with their later RPG's other then Kingdom Hearts 2 of course. Having different worlds with multitude of different layouts. Complex story and very RT based action sequence even though you choose/queue up magic still. You move around and dodge in real time. So they basically have a platform that can't go wrong, there is filled with sidestories and task to do. There is something you can do all the time and for me something I really enjoy, a very good break from the more mature themed RPGs and there must be more closet disney fans other then me out there! :p

Upvote 0
I really need to pick up Alan Wake, heard great things about it. Moving into a new flat next month and I'm planning a week long horror/thriller game marathon with my flatmate so that might just be making the list.

Also playing Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Its actually the kick in the wazoo that the franchise needed. Can't wait to try out the online co-op for that one when its released next month.

Upvote 0
I really need to pick up Alan Wake, heard great things about it. Moving into a new flat next month and I'm planning a week long horror/thriller game marathon with my flatmate so that might just be making the list.

It's a really entertaining game to say the least. It plays like a TV show during cutscenes and in between "episodes"

You'll certainly enjoy it, I'm sure of it. :D

Upvote 0
It's a really entertaining game to say the least. It plays like a TV show during cutscenes and in between "episodes"

You'll certainly enjoy it, I'm sure of it. :D

I think I have never drinked so much coffee as I did with that game. It's awesome, filled with epic gameplay and storytelling is really creepy and great. It was worth the wait and I don't have much to pick as minus there. As maybe some said, the story gets bit predictable with the notes, but for me that wasn't the case. I thought it became even more scary by knowing something was going to happend VERY soon.

I'm very happy this years episode based games like Alen Wake and not to mention Heavy Rain on PS3 side as well. Though, it two different games - both is drawing you to play it. Some of my most fun moments was actually watching my friend play it after I had completed it. He didn't know the story as I did, and it was loads of fun to see what he did different then me in many ways.

Upvote 0
I'm also playing Kane & Lynch 2. The handheld camera style is cool, but I get really nauseous after about 15 minutes of that. Felt like throwing up last time I tried to keep playing. Good thing there's an option to turn it off. I like the game bc it feels like you're playing the bank heist scene in the movie Heat. The enemy AI is pretty standard, they're just your cannon fodder. I do like the doom & gloom feel of the game though.

Also was playing World of Tanks Beta. Cool game. The Beta program is suspended for a week while they move their servers from EU to US. Highly recommended for WWII tank lovers. Just know that the first 2 tanks you get sucks! You just gotta grind thru them to get better tanks.

Looking forward to Halo Reach in 3 weeks!!! Then F1 2010 from Codemasters!

Upvote 0
Can't really judge a game off just it's Beta. I'm really looking forward to Reach, I just hope I'll be able to pick it up on the day it comes out, but that's not looking very good atm :(

No games can be judged from a beta, my thinking of beta's: Is the concept fun, what do I like about it and what do I not like. Is there things I feel makes the game a less gamechanger, clear bugs/glitches and most of all. How is the feel.

After doing this, I write down mini notes from my thoughts. Make it into a big article and post it on the forum I'm testing for or in other cases, mail them my responses. (If they have given you a mail to mail your feedback towards)

Can't believe I'm enjoying Kingdom Hearts as much as I do, I'm entralled with Donald & co here! Only thing I miss is a can of soda, some candy and I would be in neverland at the moment! :cool:

Upvote 0
Alan Wake - this is a very good mix of gameplay, interactive-ness and story.

Little Big Planet - dont sleep on this...lol Its a fun just pick up and play game.

Heavy Rain - looking kinda boring with the gameplay but the story is nice. I wouldnt recommend this unless u like the point n click games. Its not point n click but it coulda been,

God of War 3 - if u dont know about God of War....I dont know what to say...lol

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Hey, itsa him, Mario!!! It almost looks too much like part 1. New things here n there but its basically the same thing.

Upvote 0
Been playing Batman Arkham Asylum, trying to get close to max gamerpoints as possible. I love the fighting and the system regarding puzzles. Guess I'm sucker for games like this in first place. :p

Soon done though, got 232/240 collectables + completing the game then I'm done xD

I've heard such good things about Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'm considering picking up a copy off of eBay to give it a run through.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones