• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently reading?

Just started reading the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo after getting hooked by the films.

My dad wants me to read that one too. Haven't gotten it yet.

Author or writer?

I am a freelance technical writer. By author, I assume you mean a novelist or perhaps a writer of popular fiction? Then again, I have authored, therefore I am.

Bob Maxey

Author.

Upvote 0
So the sword of truth series is turning out to be pretty good. Read the prologue book which was pretty short and killed a chunk of book 1 at work today. Have to wonder what is up with a 10 book series, don't think i've read one series with that many books along the same story line (i assume it is). Vampire Chronicles has that many books but each is its own story so that is not the same really.
Anyone read Sword of Truth? um... by... um.... whatshisface...

Upvote 0
Have to wonder what is up with a 10 book series, don't think i've read one series with that many books along the same story line (i assume it is)...
Anyone read Sword of Truth? um... by... um.... whatshisface...
There's a series by a guy called Steven Erikson (I think. Spelling may be a bit off). He's supposed to be writing a 9/10/11 book series.

Upvote 0
10 books please.

Try 26.

The alphabet books by Sue Grafton. One for every letter in the set, I think the last one was T.

Have to give her some credit for sticking with a theme and keeping some concurrence. A is for Alibi and IIRC takes place in 81, published in 83. kept the same character and continued with the story. Letter her get older along the way, last book takes place in 2006 I think. I stopped reading them with M is for Malice. I wasn't that into them but was bored needing something to read.

Not the book a teenage boy should be that interested in, if you catch what I'm saying.

Upvote 0
10 books please.

Try 26.

The alphabet books by Sue Grafton. One for every letter in the set, I think the last one was T.
26:eek::eek: 10 just seems excessive, once i finish book one i will have a better idea of what to expect, now it just seems that there is NO WAY the plot could be stretched into 10 books. So far i am REALLY enjoying the first actual book, if by the end of book 10 their is a whole nother plot/characters i might not feel the same though. Guess i'll see
just finished the night angel trilogy based off what others had said on here, read all three books last week. have to say they are one of the most enjoyable series to read that i have ever picked up.
Your welcome:D:D
<---------NightAngel represent!! It was EPIC!!!
Trying to wait to start his newest trilogy till at least book 2 comes out but don't think i'll make it

Reactions: ballisticn8
Upvote 0
I might have to pick up the Night Angel trilogy after this thread...

You wouldn't regret it... i've read A LOT of books, never read a series that surprised me like NightAngel. Author isn't afraid to go into gorry details (nothing over the top), drop the "F" bomb or otherwise completely throw you for a loop. Gonna do a re-read of it very soon... i usually wait at least a year to re-read a book/series but everytime i finish something i have to stop myself from reading it again...

Upvote 0
Yes, PG 13...swearing doesn't mean R rated. I see R rated contains full nudity/sex/rape/violence/gore/gruesome murders/deaths...

Well you honestly can't drop many F bombs and still keep a pg-13 rating in a movie. And my only reason for saying it is there is A LOT of F bombs, ruthless beatings of children & prostitutes, murder, etc. Since there is no way to guess the age of members i wanted to make sure i wasn't suggesting this series to a 13/14 year old kid who might be in for a surprise...
That said this is IMHO a MUST read for any book lover

Upvote 0
Well you honestly can't drop many F bombs and still keep a pg-13 rating in a movie. And my only reason for saying it is there is A LOT of F bombs, ruthless beatings of children & prostitutes, murder, etc. Since there is no way to guess the age of members i wanted to make sure i wasn't suggesting this series to a 13/14 year old kid who might be in for a surprise...
hmm...PG18 then? What's the difference between 18 and R rated? lol I guess I really enjoy reading these kind of books, so to me I find nothing strange/explicit about them. And comparing this to some of the other series I've read...it's pretty tamed, lol.

Upvote 0
hmm...PG18 then? What's the difference between 18 and R rated? lol I guess I really enjoy reading these kind of books, so to me I find nothing strange/explicit about them. And comparing this to some of the other series I've read...it's pretty tamed, lol.

LMAO
Well first R is the same as say... PG-17. (you have to be 17 to see a r rated film without parent) LOL
Secondly, i agree. Vampire Chronicles immediately comes to mind. That is R rated FOR SURE!! (the part with lestat and the nun at least nc-17:p)
Just wanted to make sure i wasn't gonna offend some 13/14 year old without fair warning.

Upvote 0
PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned - Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. Films given this rating may contain sexual content, brief or partial nudity, some strong language and innuendo, humor, mature themes, political themes, terror and/or intense action violence. However, bloodshed is rarely present.

R - Restricted - Under 17 requires accompanying parent or legal guardian. The person is required to stay with the child under 17 through the entire movie, even if the parent gives the child/teenager permission to see the film alone. These films may contain strong profanity, graphic sexuality, nudity, strong violence, horror, gore, and strong drug use. A movie rated R for profanity often has more severe or frequent language than the PG-13 rating would permit. An R-rated movie may have more blood, gore, drug use, nudity, or graphic sexuality than a PG-13 movie would admit.

NC-17 - No One 17 And Under Admitted - These films contain excessive graphic violence, intense or explicit sex, depraved, abhorrent behavior, explicit drug abuse, strong language, explicit nudity, or any other elements which, at present, most parents would consider too strong and therefore off-limits for viewing by their children and teens.

So NightAngel would go under NC17, lol. Though...95% of the series is PG13 :p

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I'm liking The Way Of The Shadows so far :) It seems to be pretty fast paced, which I like. Occasionally he does go into the gory details a little, but I agree that its pretty tame so far. (Especially for a book about killing people :p ). I've been pretty busy lately and it seems to be taking me a while to get through. But then I'm reading it in eBook form and there are no fixed pages or page numbers. So it's kinda hard to judge how long the book is :p

Upvote 0
I'm liking The Way Of The Shadows so far :) It seems to be pretty fast paced, which I like. Occasionally he does go into the gory details a little, but I agree that its pretty tame so far. (Especially for a book about killing people :p ). I've been pretty busy lately and it seems to be taking me a while to get through. But then I'm reading it in eBook form and there are no fixed pages or page numbers. So it's kinda hard to judge how long the book is :p

Lol, didn't mean to imply that it was grossly detailed. Though some crazy F'ed up shit goes on throughout the 3 books... but nothing TOO out there. That damn roze character would have you believe its pg-13:p:p:p
There are some semi-disturbing parts but thats all part of the story

book 2 and three are the best imo

Upvote 0
Don't you point that thing at me miss!!!:mad::mad:

:p:p:p:p:p

tongue.gif

Upvote 0

You are allowed one F-Bomb and still keep a PG-13 rating

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones