• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you drive?

My petrol guzzling beast:

2000 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 (straight 6) Limited

Sunroof, Heated seats, All terrain (Firestone Destination A/T) tyres ,10 cd changer, dual zone climate control, Heated and Auto folding mirrors etc etc... Its more than what I want as a University Student but I aint complaining, she eats petrol though, currently doing 19l/100km thats around 12.4mpg, lol, super comfortable and easy to drive though :)
9Wc8kFN.jpg

Upvote 0
This car has been in the family for the past 20 years, and I've been driving it for the past 4yrs. More than 307000km under its belt, and still very reliable, running at around 14km/liter, which I think is awesome for a car it's age.

Thanks to the yearly maintenance and checkup for it and occasional repair/part replacement, I've been learning a lot about cars. And I think that's a testament to the skill of the mechanics I bring it to. It's running way better than when I first had it, as if it's not a 20 year old car. If you notice the ambulance in the background, it's because I take it to the mechanics who maintain those ambulances our hospital uses (I'm in Medicine, soon to be MD).

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Schweet. I'd like to get an Audi A3 TDI (the V6 TDI gets 260BHP, 460 lb-ft, and 38mpg highway) and take it to a track. That'd be loads of fun. Love the Toyobaru BR-86, though. Fantastic cars. Saw one w/ license plate "BRZOOOOM" the other day.

Yup they look good. But for the price they sell it here in the Philippines, I could get a WRX (not STi) version. May not be as sexy, but way more reliable. More of a gas guzzler though. Now that I think about it, that's a tough decision:

BRZ has better fuel economy and looks, dances around corners beautifully as well.
A WRX has more power, arguably safer with a heavier build and awd, and not so bad a dancer as well.

Whatever the case though, the more I learn about cars from mechanics, the more I lean to making a Subie my first buy.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
I keep meaning to post in here, but somehow keep forgetting.

I picked up a 2014 Subaru BRZ at the end of February:

And finally took it to an autocross event on Sunday:

I'm enjoying the snot out of this car :D

Stunning piece of engineering, a mate of mine has the Toyota 86, pure joy to drive, especially at the coast. :)

This car has been in the family for the past 20 years, and I've been driving it for the past 4yrs. More than 307000km under its belt, and still very reliable, running at around 14km/liter, which I think is awesome for a car it's age.

Thanks to the yearly maintenance and checkup for it and occasional repair/part replacement, I've been learning a lot about cars. And I think that's a testament to the skill of the mechanics I bring it to. It's running way better than when I first had it, as if it's not a 20 year old car. If you notice the ambulance in the background, it's because I take it to the mechanics who maintain those ambulances our hospital uses (I'm in Medicine, soon to be MD).

Is that a Nissan? Those things can run forever, still see many that are super old running like they were built yesterday.

Nothing better than finding the right people to work on your car, I found some great guys to work on my Jeep to, the only major thing I have had to replace this year is the Battery, otherwise she's running like a beauty.

Best of luck with your studies mate, soon you'll be rolling in a big German slay.

heres mine

Is that a Tesla Model S? Beauty of a thing, it reminds me a bit of the Jaguar XF styling. Probably the best looking electric car around. I also liked the Fisker Karma, shame they went under.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
What do I drive? Not a damn thing unfortunately. Public transportation is driving me crazy!

While in the Philippines, I found public transportation to be exciting.

However, it was also incredibly inconvenient. I'm very American by nature and dislike being restricted to the schedules and routes of somebody that is not me. I like the freedom of hopping into my car and going somewhere on a whim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones