1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

What does it meanGeneral

1. Bazaterina

Bazaterina Member

I'm a baby here so apologies for mundane questions...
    1. Pulsating RED l.e.d. ?
    2. Letters adjacent to sig strength bars
    E
    G
    H
    No letters.

Advertisement
  2. XploitZ

XploitZ Well-Known Member

1. Pulsating RED l.e.d. ? = low on battery

2. Letters adjacent to sig strength bars
    E
    G
    H
    No letters.
    (mobile network data signal you are getting, means you have it activated and you can surf sites, facebook etc... without the need of WIFI) be careful though and make sure you have an unlimited plan for it on your network or else you will be paying a huge amount if you go over the networks cap. deactivate it if you have a limited plan
  3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

E - Edge
    G-Gprs
    H-HSPA =Hight speed packet data.
    droidrio and Bazaterina like this.
  4. Bazaterina

Bazaterina Member

Thanks, no H, guess that's why it's so slow. BTW, due to a setup error with K9 email, my "send" emails didn't send but ended up in the "outbox". Whilst ever I had unsent emails in the outbox, I had a pulsating red led, not flashing but pulsating.
  5. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

No H? That may be because you have Network Mode set to "GSM Only". Try setting it to "WCDMA preferred / GSM" in your mobile network settings.

It may also because you are in an area with no 3G coverage as well, of course!
  6. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Unless you have 3g which is the same as H.
    Bazaterina likes this.
  7. Bazaterina

Bazaterina Member

There's a phone tower on a steep hill behind my house and the carrier's coverage map shows 3G signal as "iffy". Walk 200 metres down street and I have 3G. Seems I live in a shadow..ah well, just like the rest of my life.
  8. Bazaterina

Bazaterina Member

Thanks Fishy, I was on to that one.
  9. JaysonXperiaS

JaysonXperiaS New Member

What does the simcard like icon with gear means in the notification bar?
  10. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

That Particular Icon is a notification for your SD-card
    usually it shows up when your phone is scanning the contents of your SD-Card I.E Music, Documents and such.
    it shouldn't stay on your bar for too long =]