• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What happened to my phone It just went black??

masks98

Lurker
Jan 15, 2014
Hi I have a rooted galaxy s3 from sprint, never flashed any new rom just kept the stock one.

My phone lately started rebooting itself at random until one day while I played subway surfers, it went black.

When I try to turn it on, it lights up, the first "samsung" screen flashes quickly, then it stays stuck on the "samsung galaxy sIII" screen forever.

The first time I went into download mode it flashed a quick message and went black. Now I cannot go into download mode at all, it just vibrates when I do it and that's it. (I press home button first, then volume down, then power button). when I connect it to the computer with Odin on, nothing happens. I can't return it to Sprint because I'm out of contract now.

I bought a jig on ebay but I'm still wondering what the hell happened, and if the jig is the only solution?

Any thoughts?

thank you.

P.S. When I plug it into the wall or pc to charge, it vibrates but then there's no battery charging animation, so I can't tell if it's charging or not.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones