• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to our 8GB MicroSD!

DCoy82

Apr 23, 2010
Florida
Looking through the pre release "confidential" document that was intended for VZW reps on page 25 it says that our Inc's were pre loaded with 8GB cards! Wonder why they changed it up :( I do not know how official and accurate this is but I do remember reading over it before the Inc came out.

http://www.chuckscomputer.com/ftp/incrediblelaunchguide.pdf

PreReleaseMicroSD.jpg

Looking through the pre release "confidential" document that was intended for VZW reps on page 25 it says that our Inc's were pre loaded with 8GB cards! Wonder why they changed it up :( I do not know how official and accurate this is but I do remember reading over it before the Inc came out.

http://www.chuckscomputer.com/ftp/incrediblelaunchguide.pdf

PreReleaseMicroSD.jpg

I don't know if this answers your question or not, but way back, several months ago, there was a rumor that there was going to be 8gb included and we assumed it was an SD card. Then it came out that it was internal 8gb memory and no card. Then at the very end VZW decided to include a 2 gb card. (I don't know if they are still doing that or if that was a special deal to those of us who, like myself, pre-ordered online). So, that's how it stands. I hope this helps.

Reactions: DCoy82
Upvote 0
I think they were referring to the 8G internal memory. They got a lot of their documents mixed up between ram/rom/internal SD card memory. They're still sort of mixed up as far as I can tell. The 8G is internal but treated like it's external (an SD card) as far as loading apps onto it. But apps don't see it as internal OR an SD card.

EDIT: great minds think alike I guess.

Upvote 0
Thanks Steven that does make since. I pre ordered mine as well and got the 2GB card with mine I was just curious about this. They should have worded it better :p

Sure thing. I upgraded to a 16 gb class 6 sd, so I now have some movies and stuff on the card. It's great. Enjoy your Incredible. :)

Upvote 0
Sure thing. I upgraded to a 16 gb class 6 sd, so I now have some movies and stuff on the card. It's great. Enjoy your Incredible. :)

16Gb class 6 How much did that cost you? Why class 6? I have an 8GB class 2 and and 8GB class 6 and I cant tell any difference in the phone. Is it stricktly for transferring purposes?

I use a 16GB class 2 from my Moto Droid in the Incredible giving me 24GB storage and I use about 4GB of that LOL

Upvote 0
16Gb class 6 How much did that cost you? Why class 6? I have an 8GB class 2 and and 8GB class 6 and I cant tell any difference in the phone. Is it stricktly for transferring purposes?

I use a 16GB class 2 from my Moto Droid in the Incredible giving me 24GB storage and I use about 4GB of that LOL

From my research:

The difference is transferring - supposedly much much faster.

8 gb class 6 is $22 - that is what I purchased.

Amazon.com: Transcend Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card: Musical Instruments

16 gb class 6 is $80 - that is why I purchased that 8 gb.

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-microSDHC-Class-Memory-TS16GUSDHC6E/dp/B0026L7DGA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1275008538&sr=1-2

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones