• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happens if...:

myko14

Nov 12, 2009
CoMo
Okay, I have a few questions about Froyo. I have searched the forum(s) and found a few answers but I still have some questions.

To start, I am running an unrooted Droid and forced the 2.2 update using the update.zip and this guide. I did not wipe the phone first.

I first noticed lagging and screen transition problems. Then battery problems. Have uninstalled many apps including LauncherPro, task killers, antivirus, etc. Lately have noticed Handcent txts arriving to my wife's phone hours after they were sent.

I backed up using MyBackup (free) and did a factory reset. I will report on how this affects battery life, etc.

Questions:
1.What would happen if I start recovery mode with the 2.1 update.zip file?
2.What happens if I repeat the update with the same 2.2 update.zip file?
3.How about if I download a different official release of this file?
4.Can I use the EasyRoot app (I have the .apk just need to buy the activation code) and get rooted from stock 2.2?

Sorry this got so long but I do appreciate any answers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones