what have you done with your rooted dinc?

Last Updated:

1. random155

random155 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I installed a Rom, and battery savings kernel... what else have you guys done with your rooted phones? I feel like I need to do more... looking into wireless tether now using the free app on the market.

Advertisement
  2. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I installed RomManager, Titanium backup and SetCPU. I deleted a bunch of unused bloatware, loaded up the optical trackpad wake, set up some good CPU profiles. That's about it. I tried to load a different boot animation but that didn't seem to work. I'm interested in different kernels to save battery but not quite sure how all that works just yet.

3. CREVZ21

CREVZ21 Well-Known Member

Where did you find the optical trackpad wake?

4. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

Look in ROMManager under Ihtfp69 (Skyraider ROM section) it's one of the Goodies... I don't know if it works with Ruby but this is the only place I've seen it. Hopefully someone else can tell you for sure

5. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Solved world hunger

TheBeardedMann likes this.
  6. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Go into ROM Manager, Download Rom, Ihtfp69, Goodies for 2.2+, Click Download, then it will bring up a list of things you can download. Choose Optical Joystick Wake and go through the steps. It will install on your phone for you.

Only issue is it will work 100% of the time when the phone is plugged into a charging port but will work maybe 75% of the time when it is not. When it is unplugged you often have to hit the button multiple times or just hold down the button for a few seconds. I think there is a setting on the Dinc that disables the button when the phone is not plugged in to a charging port so that when it is in your pocket it wont register any of the swipes on the joystick part. Wish there was a fix for this but there isn't...

7. TheBeardedMann

TheBeardedMann Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one else has thanked you!!

8. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

sorry, was too busy solving global warming... and the economy cluster in the US.

and painting my new sign for the Statue of Liberty, it's a masterpiece. it says, "F*ck off, we're full." :)

elwray likes this.
  9. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with his solution to end world hunger. I mean, I asked for my steak medium rare, and he clearly gave me a steak medium. Not to mention I never got that A1 I asked for.

rcrott1 likes this.
  10. CREVZ21

CREVZ21 Well-Known Member

Thanks alot. Just what I needed a step by step walkthrough Rom Manager to get to where I needed to go. Works great with stock Sense.

11. DigitalBird

DigitalBird Member

I've only installed the wireless tether and titanium backup for now. I'm researching the ROMs before choosing one for day to day use.

There are some bits and pieces that I'd love to try. Like the DSPManager before I begin my holiday traveling where the phone is doubling for media purposes.

12. random155

random155 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I put uncommon sense and the new adrenalyne battery saving kernel on. Also set up my wireless tether which works great now. All in all, very happy with my root decision.

13. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

i think at this point i have flashed every possible rom/kernel combination.

since im addicted to rom flashing, i have a 3 day rotation at the moment: 1. ruby 1.1.1 with kings aosp #1 2. miui v0.3 with kings aosp#1 and 3. skyraider vanilla 3.0 with kings bfs #1

the joys of root and an unlocked bootloader

14. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

Installed ROMs and Kernels. Flashed new themes. Changed splash screen and boot animation. Wireless tethered to my laptop. Made SetCPU profiles.

Normal stuff.

15. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

i need to find someone to make me a custom boot animation and splash screen..... i have the image i want to use for it, just need someone to code it.