• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what is froyo??

i know its probably a very stupid question to most of yall, but ive done search after search and all i can come up with is, when is it coming out for a perticular model phone, or is it better then XXX... is it a new system or something... do i need it on my droid, or do i even want it on my droid.. im scared to death to do anything on it.. my droid had so many problems, while she tried to customize it to her tastes.. other then handcent i havent really done nothing, other then a teather to get online with it... im due for an upgrade and looking at the droid X, so is even worring about froyo even worth it... i even did a yaoo search and all it comes up with is frozen yogurt lol

You can't upgrade to Froyo yet, since it isn't officially out. And even once it is finally released, it may not get to the Droid right away. And I think it will ask you if you want to update. As for fixing the problems with your screen, that sounds more like a hardware problem than a software problem, something wrong with the touch sensor.

Oh, and Google likes to give the Android OS versions desert names in alphabetical order. 2.2 is Froyo, 2.1/2.0 is Eclair, 1.6 is Donut, and 1.5 is Cupcake. Not sure A and B were, probably the Alpha and Beta test stuff. Next version after Froyo will probably be Gingerbread or something like that. Those goofy Google guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones