what is froyo??

Last Updated:

1. gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know its probably a very stupid question to most of yall, but ive done search after search and all i can come up with is, when is it coming out for a perticular model phone, or is it better then XXX... is it a new system or something... do i need it on my droid, or do i even want it on my droid.. im scared to death to do anything on it.. my droid had so many problems, while she tried to customize it to her tastes.. other then handcent i havent really done nothing, other then a teather to get online with it... im due for an upgrade and looking at the droid X, so is even worring about froyo even worth it... i even did a yaoo search and all it comes up with is frozen yogurt lol

Advertisement
  2. RoboPhoneII

RoboPhoneII Active Member

gixxersixxerman likes this.
  3. gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ahh i see now.. so can i update my droid with it... will it fix the screen twitch that i get alot, expecially when on the web browser.. i can touch the screen and it just jumps every where, and when i slide the screen up or down it, instead zooms in or out.. its agravating

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

You can't upgrade to Froyo yet, since it isn't officially out. And even once it is finally released, it may not get to the Droid right away. And I think it will ask you if you want to update. As for fixing the problems with your screen, that sounds more like a hardware problem than a software problem, something wrong with the touch sensor.

Oh, and Google likes to give the Android OS versions desert names in alphabetical order. 2.2 is Froyo, 2.1/2.0 is Eclair, 1.6 is Donut, and 1.5 is Cupcake. Not sure A and B were, probably the Alpha and Beta test stuff. Next version after Froyo will probably be Gingerbread or something like that. Those goofy Google guys!

5. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think your Droid has a hardware problem and you should send it in.

I believe there is a version of FroYo for rooted Droids. Motorola should be releasing an official update shortly after it is officially released.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk