• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is JIT and do I need it

revlis240

May 1, 2010
I know that it changes the way apps are handled and makes the phone faster...?

Now I am running DC 2.08.1 and I tried to search but couldnt find the info i needed. I have the ability to turn JIT on inside DCconfig and I have already ditched the sense home screen for Helix Launcher, and disabled the HTClockscreen and replaced it with vanilla lock screen.

Can I turn on JIT now without ruining my phone? What is the benefit of JIT to a "normal" user like me? Will I even feel the difference?

Would love the input, thanks guys :)

Abe

It won't ruin your phone, but you may experience a few odd things happening here and there. I don't think JIT, at least the way it's been implemented in Damage Control, is ready to see light of day quite yet. You can always try it. A lot of folks are not having problems, and as a matter of fact, are seeing great increases in speed. Try it. If it doesn't work as you expected, just go back into dconfig and disable it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones