1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

what is SPL, Radio in Roger's magic after 2.1 upgrade? some disconnect w/ other ROM!!

1. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

what is SPL, Radio in Roger's magic after 2.1 upgrade? some disconnect w/ other ROM!!

Data and voice do disconnect once a while, i have to restart phone to reconnect.

Data 3G disconnect morethen voice part.

anyone has this issue after rooting it and using other rom?

Advertisement
    :
  2. thor124

thor124 Well-Known Member

What radio are you using?
  3. MoreYummy

4. MoreYummy

Ok.

So i either use the roger's 2.1 rom with newest radio or sign the waiver and use older radio?

Another issue is, it seems the wifi connection is using lots of power, and way faster than the 3G connection. I compared it by using only 1 of them, wifi drain battery alot faster even without using much data.

I posted it in another site, some people told me it is normal. Have you tested it?
  5. thor124

Wifi is a battery drain.
  6. MoreYummy

thor, which radio you using now?

I dont get too much data drop, so i might stay with the radio i have now.
  7. thor124

3.22.20.17 worked flawlessly for me. But you need to sign the HTC Waiver.

I'd recommend changing to a ROM and HBOOT that uses the 6.35 radios, they are much better.
  8. MoreYummy

Yea, im researching a rom that can have some update in future, since CM has stopped.
  9. tsouthen

tsouthen Active Member

Can you recommend a ROM and HBOOT for this? If you switch to 6.35 radios do you have to sign the waiver?
  10. thor124

No the waiver isn't required for the 6.35 radios. Check the xdafourms for roms. I'm using a stock 2.2 acer liquide these days.
  11. MoreYummy

have you found any good ROM and HBOOT that uses 6.35?
  12. tsouthen

tsouthen Active Member

No, I haven't bothered but there are a few Gingerbread ROM's on XDA that look interesting: GBRider, Diet Gingerbread.

Please let me know how you make out, as I still have inconsistencies with the current radio at times.
  13. MoreYummy

im still using the current cm 6 radio, sometimes ok, sometimes not.. too random

so decided to see if there is any rom that works with 6.35..
  14. Owain

Owain New Member

I've been using the Diet Gingerbread on my Magic for several months with the 6.35.16.19 radio and I still get occasional disconnects. Maybe it's actually a hardware problem in the end.

Otherwise the ROM works great. Quite fast and the latest uses Android 2.3.4.
  15. MoreYummy

could be the rom issue, but might be real signal issue with the device once a while.