What is the best prl to switch to?

1. warrior12

warrior12 Well-Known Member Contributor

The title says it all. I am currently using 01115. Is this the best or is there a better one? I saw a whole list and was told this was good. Is there one that will give me better results or should i stick with this one?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Contributor

None, PRLs are a Roaming list. I know some people have said that one vs. another has done wonders, but I think it's random network breathing.
  3. ben1122a

ben1122a Well-Known Member

Changing your PRL on virgin mobile does nothing. It basically changes the list used for roaming, which virgin mobile does not have. Sorry to tell you, but any "improvements" you do see are probably the results of a placebo effect.
  4. warrior12

warrior12 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well i was getting around -120 dbm before i switched it now i get about -107 to -102. Seems like an improvement to me.
  5. ben1122a

ben1122a Well-Known Member

A post from a few months back on the matter: same forum.

6. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

You can prove this for yourself... Download the free app, OpenSignal.
    This will show you exactly which tower you are connected to at any given time.
    If you don't connect to different, previously unavailable towers with a given prl installed, then you have seen no benefit.

Network speed and signal strength can constantly vary for any of a number of reasons, none of which will be related to your prl.