• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the best rom for this device?

I bought this phone for $20 on ebay a while back. Was going to use it to replace a broken metro phone but ended up buying Moto G. So now I was thinking of using this as a dedicated mp3 player in the car for me and the wife.

I'm sure it would be perfectly fine running stock rom for this purpose but curious if there is something better? I rooted already and was going to try CM but seems like it's way out of development and not worth it.

I bought this phone for $20 on ebay a while back. Was going to use it to replace a broken metro phone but ended up buying Moto G. So now I was thinking of using this as a dedicated mp3 player in the car for me and the wife.

I'm sure it would be perfectly fine running stock rom for this purpose but curious if there is something better? I rooted already and was going to try CM but seems like it's way out of development and not worth it.

CM Never made it to a workable state. Had the Esteem a few phones back.. As far as I remember Number 2 ROM ZVE was the latest and greatest ROM while it was still being developed on. Has better battery life, etc.. Actually why I came strollin through here, doing something similar and need to wipe/reflash one of the old Esteems.. Just picked up a Moto G myself.. Nice little phone, running the nightly CM11 and lovin it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones